Released records having musicians or singers mistake

Zhivko

I had hard time to formulate this one, but i find it really cool as topic. When we finish, we should have compounded a list of songs having the mistakes of singers or musicians recorded, but released anyway.

Here is something to start:

Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

(The album version begins with guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong playing a wrong note. He begins again, repeats the wrong note, and proclaims "f--k!". Then the actual song begins.)

Interesting I was thinking about that same thing the other day...I was listening to the song Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield and sounds like in one part of the song he starts singing a verse before he was suppose to...I don't know if it was suppose to sound like that, but I always thought it was a mistake...

There's another song I heard that I thought there was a mistake in it....but damn now I can't think of what the other song was...I'll post if it comes to me...lol

My favorite is in "Hey Jude". At some point during the original recording, Paul messed up and shouted "Oh f***ing hell". They re-recorded but kept Paul's shouting in the song because John thought it'd be hilarious. They just turned it down really low. It's right before the na na na's. I think it's hilarious that that's there.

Interesting I was thinking about that same thing the other day...I was listening to the song Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield and sounds like in one part of the song he starts singing a verse before he was suppose to...I don't know if it was suppose to sound like that, but I always thought it was a mistake...

No mistake. It's the bridge and he's supposed to rush into the shortened chorus before the solo starts. If it was the '70's they'd sing the entire chorus and have a longer solo, but the video age of the '80's meant keeping your songs within 3 minutes. :tongue:

Michael Jackson's Beat It. Supposedly there is a knock on a glass window by the engineer during Eddie Van Halen's solo that can be heard.

That was actually Michael Jackson banging on a drum case - he's even credited on the album as "Drum Case Beater."

One of the biggest musical mistakes was on the song When A Man Loves A Woman by Percy Sledge. Recorded in Alabama, they sent the song to Atlantic Records in New York, and Jerry Wexler sent it back because the horns were out of tune. They got a new horn section and redid it, but somehow the original version - complete with out of tune horns, is the one that got released.

• 4 weeks later...