Buh bye hostess union workers

bluesboy

Hostess union workers reject an 8% pay cut.

So... making around $18 an hour instead of $20 an hour for a few years doesn't sit well with the union mentality.

I would think that a job for $18 an hour was Pretty Good in today's economy.

Now they make ZERO. Feed that to your families.

:doh:

What I've found most repugnant about this whole thing is the number of people crying and wringing their hands because they can't stuff their faces with Twinkies and Wonder Bread anymore, not the fact that 18,000 people just lost their jobs.

No wonder this country has an obesity problem. Junk food and white bread are two of the worst things to shove in your gaping maw.

but... but... it'll take me MUCH LONGER to make a chocolate ganache and do the baking and mix the stuff and pour it in a pan and mix the icing and shoot it into the cupcakes, and frost the cupcakes and drizzles the little circle things on it than it would to just GO TO THE STORE AND BUY THEM.

I'm doomed. :puppyeyes:

It also takes a lot longer to make homemade tacos than it is to drive to Taco Hell and buy the "Blow Out Your Colon" special, but when I make them myself, I use better ingredients, it ends up costing me less money, and I feel better about myself in the end.

Sometimes it's worth it to learn how to make things you love yourself rather than relying on pre-packaged, pre-processed crap.

Edit: I just realized I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but in any event, it is better if you can learn to make the junk food you like at home, as you can make it better.

Oh no! Thin, healthy Americans! Hostess was an undercover operation! :doh:

The Canadian plan to conquer North America by making you obese and sick with diabetes, stomach cancer, etc. has failed. :puppyeyes:

Your 247 lb. child may actually lose a few pounds while texting. :wink: