*NEW MOVIE* 'Not Fade Away'

BrilliantDisguise

• 1 month later...

‘Not Fade Away’ Soundtrack Features Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan + More

Coming to select theaters on Dec. 21 is ‘Not Fade Away,’ a story about New Jersey teenagers who, inspired by seeing the Rolling Stones on television in 1964, form a band. The film, which was written and directed by ‘Sopranos’ creator David Chase, features a soundtrack comprised of many rock and rhythm-and-blues classics, and was put together by Steven Van Zandt. The soundtrack will be available on Dec. 18.

Not surprisingly, two Stones songs,’Tell Me’ and ‘Parachute Woman,’ are included, as is Bob Dylan‘s ‘She Belongs to Me.’ Period hits by the Moody Blues, Rascals, Left Banke, Van Morrison and the Small Faces are also on the soundtrack.

The blues that inspired the Stones is also on display, with such legends as James Brown, Leadbelly, Bo Diddley, Robert Johnson and Johnny Burnette making appearances. Another song, ‘Dust My Broom’ by Elmore James, was performed by Brian Jones the night in 1962 he met Mick Jagger and Keith Richards at London’s Ealing Club.

In addition, six songs by the fictional band, the Twylight Zones, are included, with stars John Magaro and Jack Huston contributing their own vocals to the tracks, which were produced by Van Zandt. The music was performed by Van Zandt and fellow E Street Band members Max Weinberg and Garry Tallent, with their old friend Bobby Bandiera of Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes.

Van Zandt, who is the movie’s executive producer, said, “David Chase realizes that in film, like Bruce Springsteen in music, the more detailed, accurate, and nuanced the personal vision, the more compelling the work ends up being. Helping David realize his vision was one of the most satisfying projects of my life.”

'Not Fade Away’ Soundtrack Track Listing

‘There Was a Time’ – James Brown

‘Tell Me’ – the Rolling Stones

‘Ride On Baby’ – the Twylight Zones*

‘Bo Diddley’ – Bo Diddley

‘Bo Diddley’ – the Twylight Zones

‘Subterranean Homesick Blues’ – the Twylight Zones*

‘Parachute Woman’ – the Rolling Stones*

‘Go Now’ – the Moody Blues

‘Time Is on My Side’ – the Twylight Zones

‘Dust My Broom’ – Elmore James

‘I Ain’t Gonna Eat Out My Heart’ – the Rascals

‘Good Morning Blues’ – Leadbelly

‘Train Kept A Rollin’’ – Johnny Burnette & the Rock N’ Roll Trio*

‘Train Kept A Rollin’’ – the Twylight Zones

‘Pretty Ballerina’ – the Left Banke

‘Down So Low’ – Mother Earth

‘Itchycoo Park’ – the Small Faces

‘Me and the Devil Blues’ – Robert Johnson

‘The St. Valentine’s Day Massacre’ – the Twylight Zones

‘T.B. Sheets’ – Van Morrison

‘Some Velvet Morning’ – Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood

‘Bali Ha’i’ (From South Pacific) – Original Motion Picture Cast

‘Road Runner’ – the Sex Pistols

‘Pipeline’ – the Twylight Zones

‘She Belongs To Me’ – Bob Dylan

Digital Bonus Track: ‘Surgical Supply Jingle’

LINK: 105.7 The Hawk

not-fade-away-poster-405x600.jpg

Official Movie Site: Not Fade Away

That looks good. Love David Chase.

I just saw Lincoln. Excellent movie. Great acting. Turns Honest Abe into a real person. Highly recommend it.

Also saw Flight with Denzel. Denzel is a bad **#@!. Really enjoyed it.

Edited by Guest