The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #301 - Blue Collar Special

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE...

sfc2.png

#301 - Working Man's Special

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate up to three songs that haven't made the Ten before ...

Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists).

... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

Nominatenow.png

**I'm going to play fast & loose with the rules for this special, because I feel the need to salute the working men and women this year. I'm going to let it count as a regular ten in case we get songs that haven't made the ten, but you may nominate any song, whether it's made the ten or not. In addition, all 3 nominations do not have to be "work songs". I think we owe everyone that punches a timeclock a vote of thanks, they (we!) have taken a huge hit lately (a bit more than lately, actually). :thumbsup:

We'll return to regular play next week.

:headphones:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we also nominate blue-collar artists, or musicians who've always been identified with the blue-collar set?

Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen (1975)

When I think blue-collar, The Boss always comes to mind.

The Stroke - Billy Squier (1981)

A song about trying to make it, and then what happens to you, when you get in the music industry.

She Works Hard For The Money - Donna Summer (1983)

Every woman (and man) struggling to keep their family afloat knows the feeling.

Peace of Mind - Boston (1976)

(about finding your passion, and sympathizes with the many people who are working for companies and don't feel fulfilled)

Rain on the Scarecrow - John Mellencamp (1985)

(about the financial difficulties farmers in the Midwest US face; difficulties that can go as far as having their farms repossessed by banks)

Harry Bridges - Rancid (1994)

(about a union strike and a hard working man deeply affected by it)

I may change one of these

Edited by Guest
changed Loverboy nom to JCM