Favorite piece of memorabilia?

MindCrime

A handful of lugnuts I picked up off Dale Earnhardt's pit stall after a race down in Dover. They're probably worth a dollar , total, but they're invaluable to me. That was one of the best days I ever spent with all my brothers.

I turned a corner in my life, because that day it dawned on my how much I really love all my brothers. I had emotional growth spurt that day.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get all sappy. But those lugnuts really mean a lot. :thumbsup:

I have two things I will never give up. A bound manuscript for the movie Gone With The Wind, That has Black and White drawings of how they wanted scenes to look(I suppose thats what they where for)and drumroll please....George Thorogoodes slide thingie that he plays guitar with. We were at a concert which they were filming for an E! tv special and DVD. Second row center. They told everyone to go crazy(which wasn't hard) so it would make a good show, and as I danced throughout the entire concert, he held it up, looked straight at me (like, catch this) and threw it right to me!!!When they left the stage they came down through the audience and shooks hands with people, including my husband and me. He asked if I got it, he wanted me to catch it! That was an extremely cool night. :guitar: My husband found the DVD and got it for me for Christmas.

Hey Carole, that's pretty cool. Where I live, George isn't really that big a deal, since h's from here. I've shot pool with him a few time at the Stone Ballon, (well, back when they had pool tables). He's just a normal guy. It's one of those things where he can walk around pretty much unmolested.

We pried a brick loose from the outside of Fenway Park in Boston while waiting in line for a Red Sox game. It was, I believe, 1988, and I still have it sitting on my dresser. It's awesome.

I have a few guitar picks from Rick Nielsen and Pat DiNizio....two way cool dudes.

I also have a Stones denim jacket that was given to me as a present by my girlfriend several years back, and in the pockets of that jacket are handfuls of big confetti pieces from the cannons that spewed confetti all over the stadium at a Stones concert. I was in the third row at the time, and got completely buried with confetti. It was like a big red snowstorm. It was most triumphant.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

Jr, that is cool. That's what I like about George T. He's just a regular guy, or seems to be. That's what he told the crowd. That he considers himself and the band to be just a regular old bar band, and he's constantly amazed at just how far that has taken him. You shot pool with him, I felt his sweat when he'd fling it out of his eyes. That's just a little too close!! Gross!!!! ::

I used to have a chunk of the Berlin Wall which I gathered a few weeks after it came down. It had graffiti on it too. I threw it away whem moving house last time as it had the wrong weight/keepability ratio.

In a JR vein, I do have a piece of fairing plastic from Fast Freddie Spencer's fall in the Transatlantic Challenge races some years ago. I was marshalling and willing the (then) porker off, just to get a bit of his bike. He was a hero of mine.

Regards

Actually, I've been closer than the third row. One time in Philly, we had fifth row tickets, but by the third or fourth song, we were already up against the railing in front of the first row, on the right side facing the stage. Keith was high-fiving the crowd right there but somehow he missed my hand. I also have a mousepad with Keith with his trademark wood-grained telecaster. My brother took the picture from the third row in the Carrier Dome in Syracuse (I was with him), and then he had it made into a mousepad as a Christmas present. It's cool. You'd love it.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

I have Ace Frehley's guitar pick from when he and Peter were doing the "Bad Boy's of Rock" club tour. They were both so drunk that by the time it came for autographs, they were incoherent. Not exactly what I had imagined the meeting would go like whan I was a child. And up close and personal, without makeup, he had a face like a chewed boot...

Ah well, It was still nice to have met him. I know he doesn't remember it...

Ken.

I have a small canister of ashes from when Mt. St. Helens blew in 1980. My dad, mom and me (I was barely even a year old) were less than 100 miles away when it errupted. I don't remember (of course) but my parents tell me it was rather freaky! They said it looked like snow coming down and then all of a sudden, they could not even see 3 inches in front of their face. My dad opened the door to his van with an empty film canister and swooped it and when he brought it back it was FULL of ashes...my mom stuck me in her shirt so I could breath better.

Anyway, I think it's neat! I would like to be able to witness it and remember it next time...if there IS a next time....

Well, I'm thirteen as most know, so i cannot look back 15 years.

Memoribilia..... Well, On my hockey team, I won M.V.P. at a Provincial game, so for that moment, I was like the best hockey player my age and division in Nova Scotia. That was on my birthday. All my friends got me a cake and everything so.... My #1 Memoribilia is the M.V.P. trophy.

I was a huge, huge, huge Star Wars fan. I still have all the sets of collectors cards, the 8 x 10 photos I received for joining the fan club (nice!), the fan club magazines, the Dixie cups, the figurines. I used to have the Land Cruiser but it was played a little too roughly with. I spent hours upon hours organizing all my cards into series and listing the cards I had left to go to complete them.

I still remember my Dad going to get the car at the movie theatre after seeing one of the movies. I was with my Grandma & as my Dad pulled up to the curb, I pretended like the car was a rescue space ship coming to wisk we me away. I was so into my pretend world, I had no clue where I was. I hated Princess Leah though, so I morphed myself into a female Hans Solo character. Which made my Grandma "Chewie". She didn't mind. LOL.

Geek alert! Geek alert! :jester: :jester:

Geek alert! Geek alert!

If you think that's bad, today I saw this segment on VH1's "Totally Obsessed" with this woman, who has Cardboard cutouts of Lord of the Ring characters. She treats them like family & her real family is beyond embarrassed & have deep regards for her. They featured a part where she was playing Duck, Duck, Goose with them in her front yard, she picked one of the cardboard pieces for Goose & then ran around the others in a circle, of course it just stood there. Then they cut to where she was at a restaurant, where she had brought them all along & set them up around her table & she was trying to order a drink for one of them, using her most cracked out voice. Her husband just held his hand up to his face in embarrassment, while the other customers stared & laughed. This is beyond insane obsession.