Humble Bundle for Music

Farin

Introducing The Humble Music Bundle

A concept, that until now was mostly used for video games, is now also available for music.

The Humble Bundle in a nutshell:

There are five albums in the Bundle, buy them together for whatever price you're willing to pay - if it's more than the average (currently a bit over $8) then you'll get a bonus album with remixes from OK GO songs.

Additionally part of the money goes to a charity - and you can determine the rate of that as well

Download is available in MP3 or FLAC, of course DRM-free

http://www.humblebundle.com/

It looks like they try to bundle together music that suits a particular taste.

yeah, it's got quite an indie/nerdy touch to it, but I guess it makes sense... bundling together six more or less well known artists from very different genres might discourage more people from purchasing it, eg if they know that they're not a fan of four of these genres...

the They Might Be Giants compilation is fun btw :D

haven't listened to more yet, but I'll let you know

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I finally found the time to listen through everything and I have to say, even though I expected it, I would have like a bit more variety in the selections. It's basically 2 albums of gaming music (one orchestral and one with choirs etc) and 3 albums of nerdy / funny music (They Might Be Giants, Jonathan Coulton and MC Frontalot) + the remixes of OK Go songs as bonus.

Don't get me wrong, they're all quite enjoyable on their own, but a BIT other stuff might have been nice too...

but hey, all in all - 8 bucks and some change for 6 albums AND parts of it go to charity, that's still a good deal in my opinion. :)