The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #299

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more correction to make, Lucky.

I just noticed that "Jenny Take A Ride" has already made the Top Ten.

It made it in Top Ten #231, back in 2010.

It was mistakenly nominated and also added to the Every Song and Artist lists as "C.C. Rider/Jenny Takes A Ride".

I gave a correction post in the Top Ten Facts thread back then, but it was never corrected in the Top Ten #231 thread or the Every Song or Artist List.

The post I made said:

"A correction:

The song by Mitch Ryder And The Detroit Wheels is not titled "C.C. Rider", nor is it titled "CC Rider/Jenny Takes A Ride".

It is a medley of the songs, "C. C. Rider" (made popular by many artists over the years) and "Jenny, Jenny" by Little Richard.

The title of the song, as released, is:

"Jenny Take A Ride!", with no letter 's' on the end of the word "take" and an explanation point at the end of the title.

It was recorded in 1965 and peaked at #10 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 Chart in early 1966."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The facts I submitted back then for the song "Jenny Take A Ride!" back were never added into the Songfacts database, either. :(

Some new info I have that I didn't know back then is:

> The song also peaked at #33 on the UK Singles chart in early 1966.

I'll make the official fix later - my apologies, #231 was during one of our many management changes .... I had major eye surgery this past week & am half (literally) blind). I'll try to get it done later today, can't take too much computer time. :P

Thanks for all the good wishes guys - that was a pretty sucky week for me. I had to have a skin cancer lesion removed from my FREAKING EYE! It was icky, involving 2 surgeries, tear duct reconstruction, giant honking bandages ... just all sorts of fun stuff. But 10 days later, all is well. :)

**Fyi for Brad & pinkstones regarding Jenny Take a Ride, and everyone else as well - I want to make a quick explanation as to how we normally work it when an error makes it all the way through the process - we just exclude the song, and bump the votes up, making the #11 song #10.

Here is the reasoning for the various nomination/error situations -when a song is inadvertantly left off the list (the team's error), the person gets a free spin (extra nom to use at their discretion), when a song already on the list has been nominated and only one or two folks have voted, we can easily make changes.

When a song is nominated that has already been documented (as in this case) and makes it all the way through, we just eliminate it. I realize the title was documented incorrectly on the Every Song List, however, it was also documented on the Every Artist list ... we figure both the nominator, as well as the team made the mistake, and just drop it. It's easier, and seems the most fair from case to case.

I do sincerely apologize for error's when they are made, but it's almost impossible to make it through all these weeks perfectly ... especially considering the number of songs we have on the lists after 299 weeks. In addition (not to make excuses) the top ten is really a 3 person job. For the past couple of years our assistance (while hugely appreciated)has been spotty (folks come and go and get busy, and that's just the way it is). For the past year or more Bluesy has been helping me with the list (with no credit, poor man :( ) Officially right now it's Laurie and myself, and Laurie has had computer issues lately.

Soooo ... where all this is going is, would anyone like to join the team to assist with either compiling the list, or counting & posting votes? Hmmmmm? Just asking, after my summer break here, I'll be back anyway. ;)

Thanks Brad, we'll be grateful for the help. I personally plan to take another week or two off from the regular tens, so I'll message you. Woohoo! :thumbsup:

Let's give the man some credit, then!

:bow: Bluesboy :bow:

I quite agree! Blues' never wants any credit, he just wants to help me. The man's my rock. (You can all say awww now). :content:

Thanks Bluesy!.....Lucky, my daughter did something to fix my computer and it seems to be working a little better....oh and the "every song/artist" list is all caught up for now...

This is the best news I've heard since at least yesterday. Or two posts ago. Hallelujah! :D :bow: :bow: :bow:

• 3 weeks later...

sfc1a-1.png

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #299

1. Beyond The Sea - Bobby Darin (1960)

2. De Do Do Do De Da Da Da - The Police (1980)

3. Hold Me - Fleetwood Mac (1982)

4. Cheater, The - Bob Kuban & The In-Men (1966)

5. Sweet Black Angel - The Rolling Stones (1972)

6. Hold On - Triumph (1979)

7. Pretender, The - Foo Fighters (2007)

8. You've Got Your Troubles - The Fortunes (1965)

9. Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins (1993)

10. Push - Matchbox 20 (1996)

:headphones: