*Trailer* Oz: The Great and Powerful

BrilliantDisguise

:doh:

I'm already regurgitating my lunch... :crazy:

Why can't the movie industry come up with anything original & interesting?

Do you know how many movies I can write to critical acclaim using today's CG and the writing from 60 years ago? I could write the premise to "Gone With The Wind", "Breakfast At Tiffany's", then do the second part of "Psycho" and "Ben Hur".

Please... something new. I haven't watched a movie in over 10 years because they're all cheap rip-offs.

Edited by Guest
I wanna edit, so I edit. You gonna stop me?

There have been a ton of great movies released in the last 10 years that were not remakes, reboots, or prequels/sequels to/of previously-released films, and some of the best sequels or story continuations have been the Batman movies directed by Christoper Nolan.

Much like music, in order to find the stuff of quality, you have to do a little work. I agree, there's been more than a few crap films, but that's not the entirety of what's been released, just like the sh!t on the radio isn't the entirety of the music that's been released.

I don't find this to be that much of a cheap rip off actually. At least not if it's done well. Frank L Baum wrote 14 Oz books, with "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" being the first. There have also been almost 75+ subsequent books written by other authors using Oz as the setting/premise, so this is not that outlandish an idea.

I wouldn't mind seeing the film if it's done well, and can add to the story of the Wizard. I mean, really it's already been done sort of, with "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" written by Gregory Maguire, which was the inspiration for the hit musical Wicked! Not actually a prequel, it's more of a parallel.