Fifty Years of Rolling Stones

Lucky

:coolio: Stayed with a friend in California in 1978 for about a month...she said she had a couple tickets to a concert and would not tell me to what concert until I arrived there.....happened to be Santana and Rolling Stones at the Oakland Colleseum....It was Mick's birthday...35th I think....Santana sang happy birthday to Mick and a helicopter went over the stadium and dropped hundreds of pink balloons.....Definitely the best concert I have ever seen...and will never forget......and when Mick was climbing up the stage and swinging from the rafters he looked like a little monkey... :P

Seen 'em 3 times -

1989northamerica.jpg

Steel Wheels - 1989 at Busch Stadium, St Louis (best concert EVER, nothing more to say)

rollingstones-meet_inset-01.jpg

Bridges to Babylon - 1997 Trans World Dome, St Louis. I believe this was the first World Wide Web interactive concert for the Stones, and was also broadcast via pay per view (so I also have it recorded) - the online listeners were given the opportunity to determine 1 song played by vote. I think the choices were Miss You, Waiting on a Friend, and something else. Waiting on a Friend won.

STAGE.jpg

A Bigger Bang Tour - 2005 Chicago's Soldier Field. Old? You sure couldn't tell it by the performance. Members of the audience were chosen to sit in those tiers on stage - If I remember right, I think this Stone's tour was the first time this was done, though it's common now.

These 3 concerts were the best of my life, and I've been to a lot .... thanks boys! :bow: :bow: :bow:

I remember being massively impressed by the sound of the guitars in It's All Over Now, that came out of my first little transistor radio in 1964.

Have been a fan ever since. My first concert was Amsterdam, October 10, 1970. Highlight of the concert was Prodigal Son, Mick only assisted by Keith on acoustic guitar. I had worked my way through the crowd and was 10 meters away from the stage. I cannot find proof that Stephen Stills played piano that night, as the newspaper wrote next day. Never saw the piano that night.

I saw them 6 times more. Most astonishing was seeing my son singing along all lyrics of Sweet Virginia, which appeared to be his favourite Stones song. Ain't that a well educated boy, I thought for the first time, and joined him in singing.

• 11 months later...

The Euro Tour 1970 dates in Amsterdam were on the 9th...but there were suggested dates of the 11th and 12th. Are you sure about the date??

I remember being massively impressed by the sound of the guitars in It's All Over Now, that came out of my first little transistor radio in 1964.

Have been a fan ever since. My first concert was Amsterdam, October 10, 1970. Highlight of the concert was Prodigal Son, Mick only assisted by Keith on acoustic guitar. I had worked my way through the crowd and was 10 meters away from the stage. I cannot find proof that Stephen Stills played piano that night, as the newspaper wrote next day. Never saw the piano that night.

I saw them 6 times more. Most astonishing was seeing my son singing along all lyrics of Sweet Virginia, which appeared to be his favourite Stones song. Ain't that a well educated boy, I thought for the first time, and joined him in singing.