Thanks To All

windy1

I just wanted to express my sincere thanks to everyone for their concern and well wishes. Got the results of my tests today and Hallelujah it's not cancer!! It is however severe Grave's disease that I have apparently been living with for about three years. Now all they have to do is blast my thyroid with radioactivity until they literally destroy it. Doc thinks this is a good thing, and I suppose it is, but I can't help but feel it's just a slight step up from cancer. Oh well, I'll live with it, and you guys will have to continue to put up with me! Seriously, thanks again, you'll never know what your words meant to me.

IMO, abs should never be exercised with weight or negative reps. The abs should be toned yes, but not bulked.

I've a few body building friends who do not listen to me. They look great when they flex, but when they are relaxed it looks like they have a gut. When they are in clothes they look fat.

But, it's just my opinion. The human body was meant to be beautiful yes. But overdoing it, IMO, is vain. One thing, the muscles grow far faster than bone. Many who develop muscle too fast have joint problems later on in life, especially those who use steroids.

Another thing I notice, and am not saying it about all body builders, is that they walk like there is a stick up their butt and are constantly looking at their arms.

Don't get me wrong, I admire dedication, just sometimes don't like the results.

Mindcrime, I'll suggest that you do not workout everyday. Even if you have a split routine there comes a time in the week when you are working the same muscle groups two days in a row.

You'll have far better results, in the long run, if you give your muscles time to recuperate after tearing them down from resistance training.

But, my best of friends don't listen to me so why should you? :)

EDIT - Holy Toledo Mudhen! I forgot what thread I was in.

Windy, we're all very happy that you got the great news.

IMO, abs should never be exercised with weight or negative reps. The abs should be toned yes, but not bulked.

I've a few body building friends who do not listen to me. They look great when they flex, but when they are relaxed it looks like they have a gut. When they are in clothes they look fat.

But, it's just my opinion. The human body was meant to be beautiful yes. But overdoing it, IMO, is vain. One thing, the muscles grow far faster than bone. Many who develop muscle too fast have joint problems later on in life, especially those who use steroids.

Abs never need to have muscle built into them in the first place, and yes it does look like flab when not flexed. I do the necessary workout (crunches, stretching with a wheel).

Mindcrime, I'll suggest that you do not workout everyday. Even if you have a split routine there comes a time in the week when you are working the same muscle groups two days in a row.

You'll have far better results, in the long run, if you give your muscles time to recuperate after tearing them down from resistance training.

I take breaks & workout about 5 days a week, but not on the same muscle region continuously. A person who works out on all muscle groups each day for 4 hours, 7 times a week.. will be as fit as someone who sits on the couch the whole time. Relaxation time is required to build the muscle tone, otherwise it's just wasted work.

But, my best of friends don't listen to me so why should you? :)

Oh I listen, I've had to listen to others including my parents before in the past about this. I've had friends who've been through severe workout related injuries, including spot-free bench press incidents, involving a broken collar bone.

EDIT - Holy Toledo Mudhen! I forgot what thread I was in.

Windy, we're all very happy that you got the great news.

Yes, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread Windy, I just had to comment my disgust on the picture that was posted.

Marc, that's a photo of the band GWAR wearing yet another set of freaky costumes. These guys are like the horror counterpart of Spinal Tap.

Thanks Cosmo! Again, I was making an attempt at humor which, evidently, does not translate well on a thread. Oh well. I like the way you describe stuff to me, even though it makes me feel like grandpa! :laughing: