Gettin' to the surf on time.

Long may you run.

Long may you run.

Although these changes

have come

With your chrome heart shining

in the sun

Long may you run.

I saw The Beach Boys concert last night and they were really wonderful. Even a casual fan of their music would like the mix of classics, new, deep cuts, covers, etc. The crowd was big and 100% into the show.

Fourteen musicians on stage (including the Boys) were able to do an excellent job creating the full production you would expect. Harmonies were tight and strong...again, really a great show.

The weather cooperated and it was still sunny and in the 80's at show time. The venue was the PNC Arts Center which is an amphitheater with great sound. It is located at the Northern part of the Jersey shore and was a perfect location for beach memories and fun.

Brian only scolded the crowd once for too much beach ball activity. I think the main problem was the creaking of elbow and knee joints from the advanced aged crowd. My three kids were there and loved it (ages 22, 19, 18).

My sister and niece were there too. They bought tickets fully a month after me; they didn't even know we were attending...and they ended up sitting in the seats directly in front of us. So we had fun together and would gladly do it again (which happened to be the first song of the night and a perfect choice).

Go see the show when they come your way.

• 4 months later...

The Godmother of Punk (Patti smith) and the Godfather of Grunge (Neil Young) rocked out Madison Square Garden last night. Both of them are old enough to collect Social Security but have the energy and spirit they showed when they first hit the music scene.

Neil Young has his fans conditioned to NOT expect a set list of his hits. He played a range of songs that spanned from 1966 with Buffalo Springfield right up to his most recent album. Neil and Crazy Horse played for 2 and 1/4 hours and only played 13 songs...some as long as 25 minutes. But if you love Neil, you'll love this show. If you are a casual listener and can't wait to hear Heart of Gold....save your money and stay home.

I thought nearly everything Mr. Young played was on average 15 minutes long? :tongue:

Sounds like it would have been such a cool show. You guys are so lucky. We have to wait for him to come home. :bow:

Neil did play this song for you:

Born in Ontario

You might see me down in Alabama

Or Baton Rouge down in Louisiana

I might make it up to Detroit City

Where people work hard and life is gritty

It don't really matter where I am

It's what I do, it's what I can

This old world has been good to me

So I try to give back and I want to be free

I was born in Ontario

I was born in Ontario, Ontario, Ontario, Ontario