Bob Welch dies of apparent suicide

pinkstones

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/former-fleetwood-mac-member-bob-welch-dead-at-65-20120607

Very, very sad. It says that he was battling health issues, so I have to imagine they were rather severe to cause him to want to take his own life. Sentimental Lady is one of my favorite songs, and I listen to it probably once a day.

RIP

This is awful. Health issues, and it doesn't sound like he was pleased to have been left out of the RRHoF thing (he really should have been included).

Sentimental Lady is one of my all time favorite songs as well. I hope he finds peace.

Yeah, sad news all around. The rest of fleetwood mac behaved like a buncha douchebags when it came to the RRHoF.

When Fleetwood Mac was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998, Welch was not included in the group.

“It basically comes down to the fact that they don’t like me anymore,†he told The Plain Dealer of Cleveland at the time.

“I guess they can do what they want. I could understand it if I had been a sideman for a year.

But I was an integral part of that band ... I put more of myself into that band than anything else I’ve ever done.â€