Obama supports gay marriage

Farin

Welcome to the United States, where religious theocrats want to take over and institute a Christian version of Sharia Law.

When your country is dominated by morons who think the Bible should replace the Constitution, gay marriage (and abortion) suddenly becomes an issue of great importance.

Homosexuality is no more a "defect" than being left-handed or tall is. It's hardwired into who you are as a human being. The same as it's hardwired into the animal kingdom as well. Homosexuality occurs as frequently in animals as it does in humans. It's part of existence on this planet.

If you think being gay is equal to being defective....that's a sad-ass statement to be making in 2012. The same as being black isn't defective, being Muslim isn't defective, and being female isn't defective. There are no defects, just different flavors.

I agree with most of what you said pink... except the Muslim part. Not because of your choice of religion to use in your statement, but rather because it is in fact a religion. I don't believe religion to be hard-wired into people.

If you were talking about Arabic people then ignore my post :crazy:

I agree with most of what you said pink... except the Muslim part. Not because of your choice of religion to use in your statement, but rather because it is in fact a religion. I don't believe religion to be hard-wired into people.

If you were talking about Arabic people then ignore my post :crazy:

I know religion isn't hardwired into people. I grew up Catholic, but became an atheist in high school. I was just rattling off a list of demographics that define/describe who or what we are, that are no different than being gay or straight.

Look, "marriage" IS and should be about religion...

•Jewish wedding

•Greek wedding

•Catholic wedding

•Islamic wedding

•Irish wedding

It's all about about customs and tradition.

As far as law and rights go...

It's a "contract". Subject and in accordance to jurisprudence per jurisdiction. just like all other laws.

Simple.

Get over it! Get on with it.

NEXT!!

• 3 weeks later...

If two gay people (men or women) can remain in a loving, committed relationship with one another, I say more power to them. That's a damn site more than a lot of heterosexuals have been able to manage.

I do, however, agree with Levis that there are many more important issues that the President should be concerned with.