Greg Ham, Men At Work flute player, 'found dead'

Zabadak

May you rest in peace, my fellow Australian brother. Your music brought, and always will bring, smiles to everyone around the world who remembers you and the band Men At Work. I bet if your fellow bandmates are reading this, they send out all their condolences, love, peace, and blessings.

But the big question is, how did he die and why? Do you think maybe somebody may have murdered him? Maybe he suffered depression? Is it a possibility he may have committed suicide? Maybe he had a heart attack? I wanted so badly to see Men At Work reunite, but now, I guess they can't because they've lost Greg. There's nobody out there like him that could play the flute and sax and rock hard with smooth riffs.

Cause it was natural circumstances... otherwise there would have been news crews hanging around the corpse for weeks.

Not to be mean to the deceased, but it IS how the media treats the dead. No respect, picking at their bones like vultures. This story didn't offer anything for the media to "feed" on, so they moved on to a meatier story.

• 2 months later...

I have been a big fan of Men At Work since I was only 1 year old. Even my sweet Dad says that the first song I ever sang, at the tender age of 1, was "Down Under". Ever since I heard that Greg Ham died, I have been grieving for over two months, almost three months now. I read the news on Songfacts the day that it happened, and I was so shocked out of my mind, that I immediately called my mother in tears. But the big question that has bogged my mind is, how did he die and why? Do you think, maybe it may have been an accident? Do you think maybe somebody may have murdered him? Maybe he suffered depression? Is it a possibility he

may have committed suicide? Maybe he had a heart attack? What exactly caused him to die so young? It seems the only thing I've been left with is news stories with speculations of a drug overdose. What the heck is up with that? Greg was never into drugs, and I can't fully understand how the media seems to get away with thinking that almost every death of a musician or other famous star is linked with drugs or alcohol. For example, when Jeff Porcaro of Toto died on August 5, 1992 at the tender age of 38 (20 years younger than Greg), the official cause of death was listed as a heart attack brought on by an alergic reaction to pesticide, but the newspaper immediately linked his death with rumors of cocaine abuse. I wanted so badly to see Men At Work reunite, but now, I guess they can't, because they've lost Greg. There's nobody out there like him that could play the flute and sax and rock hard with smooth riffs. Another sweet guy with such wonderful talent, gone too soon. May you rest in peace, my fellow Australian brother. Your music brought, and always will bring, smiles to everyone around the world who remembers you and the band Men At Work. I bet if your fellow bandmates are reading this, they send out all their condolences, love, peace, and blessings.Maybe if he didn't get so worked up, and maybe if the riff in "Down Under" was left unrecognized like it was in the beginning, in other words, if nobody pointed out the so-called similarities between it and "Kookaburra", , do you think maybe he would've lived longer?