Please Vote!

Lucky

12,804 and I just voted :rockon:

Most people don't even have 1000 votes, but there's one kid racking up the score (over 25,000 votes) and another couple people close to Kevin's #. (One has almost 10,000 the other just under 11,500)

Those are just from the people I clicked on at random. I checked out about 50+ profiles this morning just to see what competition looked like. :tongue:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...there's one kid racking up the score (over 25,000 votes)...

He may have had people voting for him since Apr. 1 and also have many people who are able to vote like 3 times per day from home, work and the public library.

We started helping on Apr. 8. and I'm only able to help out by voting once per day from home (although I did forget a few days) :mad: > at myself for forgetting.

But all of that is ok.

Kevin still has a chance to win.

According to the Rules section, the top vote getter is not the automatic winner.

We still have like 10 more days of voting to go, so let's vote, vote, vote! :thumbsup:

Here's the paragraph:

WINNER SELECTION PROCESS AND ODDS: The Winner will be selected in the sole discretion of the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) from the top ten percent of entries that received the most votes at the conclusion of the Voting Period, based on the following criteria:

1.That the entry story reflects the spirit of National Mobility Awareness Month to highlight positive and uplifting aspects of how the entrant is making the most out of their life despite having / a disability

2.That the application is truthful and accurate in all respects

3.That the need for a wheelchair accessible or adaptive vehicle exists

4.That the vehicles being offered as prizes meet the needs of the potential winners

5.That the Entry and application complies with and meets all Program Rules and Regulations.

6.Potential Winner will be notified by phone on or about May 21, 2012. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners are subject to verification. Winner must be available to travel to and appear on a U.S. National television show to receive the vehicle – dates not yet determined. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, prize will be forfeited. Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant. NMEDA is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.

7.Sponsor may require winner to sign an affidavit or eligibility and liability/publicity relese (If U.S. resident) or a Declaration of Compliance (if a Canadian resident).

Well then, thanks Brad! Now that we know our target (there's about 1/2 a dozen people with more votes and a few others hot on Kevin's tail) Let's keep him in the top 10%... heck, let's aim higher!

VOTE!

12,908 votes so far - I will vote at 2:00 ct and post on Facebook right away :grin:

At the risk of sounding like a total sap - getting a little teary here. I am overwhelmed by your response to this, and I can't find the right words to express myself. Thank you sure doesn't do it, and it loses it's meaning when it's just tossed around .... you guys are amazing. This is my nephew, I know how great he is. You all have nothing but your kindness and generosity propelling you. :bow:

The guy with the big votes (unless there are two) is also from the St Louis area. I hope that doesn't hurt Kevin's chances. I know that all of these people have huge challenges, and are just as deserving as Kevin, but his situation is so different, and so new. It's such a devastating thing to happen to a young man just starting his life. Hopefully that will count for something.

You all might be interested to know - Kevin came home from the hospital on Tuesday! This is a huge step into a new life, but he's HOME with his family and that is all that counts. :happybanana: :happybanana:

Love to be able to pop in now and then. Sorry I can't type much but I always try to come in and read. I tried to vote today but it's to soon :rolleyes: I will do my best to make it back in this evening.

I love you all and thank you all for all your kind words and thoughts :content: I sure do miss you guys :puppyeyes:

Love to be able to pop in now and then. Sorry I can't type much but I always try to come in and read. I tried to vote today but it's to soon :rolleyes: I will do my best to make it back in this evening.

I love you all and thank you all for all your kind words and thoughts :content: I sure do miss you guys :puppyeyes:

Nice to read your words, Lea.

Thinking of you.

Glad you're stopping by Lea! :grin: :happybanana:

The more SF chix around the boards the better! :googly:

Voted... nearly at 13, 400 :bow:

Let's keep up the good work kids! Kevin and our dear friend Carole appreciate it. Besides, it's not like it's hard work! :laughing:

More bananas for Lea! :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana:

Voting&sharing here and on Facebook each and every day for Kevin... and :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: for Lea!!! :grin: