The Carol Burnett Show homage

Kevin

I hear ya ,Shawna .I looked it up on Amazon and the best offer they have is $150.00 for a few episodes each from over the 11 seasons (even 2-$300 bucks , tops, I would pay were they complete ) . That would not be at all bad if it was for a complete seasons set , as I must confess that these shows aren't cutting edge in comedy/entertainment anymore , nor would get a large production as the fan base may be limited .Rather , nostalgia -as well as good performances-make up the majority of the enjoyment , but as it isn't 'fresh' and we can't be young again (or in the times ) does limit their impact . Apparently Carol doesn't own the rights to the releases anymore , so they are nickle and diming people til the time comes to put out a decent set at a fair price .

Paying way too much for such sets has been a disappointment for me in some cases for the same reasons: Hogan's Heroes ( same plot nearly every episode ) , All in the Family, Gunsmoke , Twilight Zone , Bonanza . That's not to say there aren't stand-out episodes , but for the majority ,it gets kinda down to a scene or line or two per episode, at best . Only Rocky and Bullwinkle still seem to really cut me up with sincere , timeless , laughs now ,oddly .

Hence , let's pinch video cuts out there and 'stick it to the Man ' ! lol :D

Here's a 'Tudball and Wiggans ' .

Edited by Guest

• 7 months later...