The Great Rolling Stones Trivia Quiz

Kevin

Ok, here's the situation; a family member gave me the Rolling Stones version of Trivial Pursuit this past Christmas , and since all the questions are Stone's questions and I would whip all my acquaintances here , I thought I turn it into a game online for you guys . I'll put out questions and go ahead and fire off the answers as you find them -and hope Sammy doesn't get ALL of them . some are easy , some hard .Anyway let's give it a try :

1. What does the pie contain in the Stone's song 'Bitch ' ?

2. What Sones's song includes the lyric : ' If you're with your baby when the day turns to night , you gotta give her lovin' make her feel alright ' ?

3.What produces the perfume in the song 'Always Suffering ' ?

4. who had already shared a stage with Jimi Hendrix and Albert King when he joined the Stones ?

5.What song did Keith always claim was not all about his split with Anita Pallenberg but about his Dalmatian dog which always broke wind ?

6.Which Stone played the talent agent in the video for 'she was Hot ' ?

Edited by Guest

1. What does the pie contain in the Stone's song 'Bitch ' ? Horse Meat

2. What Sones's song includes the lyric : ' If you're with your baby when the day turns to night , you gotta give her lovin' make her feel alright ' ? "Try A Little Harder"

3.What produces the perfume in the song 'Always Suffering ' ? I don't know that song...

4. who had already shared a stage with Jimi Hendrix and Albert King when he joined the Stones ?

5.What song did Keith always claim was not all about his split with Anita Pallenberg but about his Dalmatian dog which always broke wind ? "All About You"

6.Which Stone played the talent agent in the video for 'she was Hot ' ?

Charlie Watts

Sammy and Edna nailed them all .

1.What time is mentioned in 'I Got the Blues' ?

2.What title character in a Stones song is described as having 'the brain of a dinosaur' ?

3.What song ends with the words 'Sometimes I think she's just my imagination,lost in the crowd ' ?

4.What Reggae opener for the Stones 1978 tour of the US was sometimes joined onstage by Mick when he sang 'Don't Look Back ' ?

5.What did Keith hand to promoter Bill Graham,gift-wrapped in newspaper, at the end of the Stones' 1981 tour-his guitar, his old boots , or $10,000 ?

6.How many days did it take to film 'The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus -2,12,or 20 ?

1.What time is mentioned in 'I Got the Blues' ?

Phil answered already... :)

2.What title character in a Stones song is described as having 'the brain of a dinosaur' ?

Jiving Sister Fanny

3.What song ends with the words 'Sometimes I think she's just my imagination,lost in the crowd '

Anybody Seen My Baby ?

4.What Reggae opener for the Stones 1978 tour of the US was sometimes joined onstage by Mick when he sang 'Don't Look Back ' ?

Peter Tosh Phil answered as well...

5.What did Keith hand to promoter Bill Graham,gift-wrapped in newspaper, at the end of the Stones' 1981 tour-his guitar, his old boots , or $10,000 ?

I dunno... :)

6.How many days did it take to film 'The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus -2,12,or 20 ?

Two days

Edited by Guest

The answer to #5 is his old boots . Well done ,edna and Phil.

That's very noble of you ,Sammy , but as this is just a bit of trivia with no scoring , nor prizes , etc . , maybe just chime in if people get stuck on some then ( or no one answers ) ? It's not a 'game' in the traditional sense -just a celebration of Stone's trivia -nothing more . Unless you've played it to death , you may get a challenge too at times . I don't care if people google or how they get their answers , it's just a bit of fun. I'm not setting any times on new questions either -just when I feel like it. :)

1. What can be heard on the radio in the song 'Moonlight Mile ' ?

2.What season of the year is mentioned in 'Time Waits for No One ' ?

3. What Stones song title is rhymed with 'show down' ?

4. Whose opening set on the Stones' 1972 US tour included his current hit 'Superstition' ?

5.How many members of the Stones met in Paris in 1984 to discuss the band's future ?

6.Who provided the music for Mick's 1972 birthday party - Chuck Berry , Count Basie , or B.B. King ?

Edited by Guest

Actually, most of the questions are pretty tough. I meant it would be unfair to the people I play with AT HOME (my family and friends), because I would be seeing the answers to the questions. We've only played a couple of times. I won once, got whooped the other time.

I'm sure I'll stop in this thread every once in a while, though.

Good luck to y'all.

STONES RULE!!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

1. What can be heard on the radio in the song 'Moonlight Mile ' ? Silence

2.What season of the year is mentioned in 'Time Waits for No One ' ? Summer

3. What Stones song title is rhymed with 'show down' ? Low Down

4. Whose opening set on the Stones' 1972 US tour included his current hit 'Superstition' ? Stevie Wonder

5.How many members of the Stones met in Paris in 1984 to discuss the band's future ? 4 (They did not invite Ron Wood )

6.Who provided the music for Mick's 1972 birthday party - Chuck Berry , Count Basie , or B.B. King ? Count Basie

1. What third Stones US album was not released in the UK ?

2.Who is described as looking 'sweet' as she strolls down Newport Street in the song 'Downtown Suzie '-Sally,Lucy , or Jenny ?

3.What saint 'knew temptation' according to the song 'Saint of Me ' ?

4. What mode of transport did the Stones use to reach the New York press conference announcing their 2002-03 tour ?

5.Which Stone said 'I sit down and play 25 great songs by other people and hope one of mine drops off the end ' ?

6. Which 2 Stones provided voiceovers for a 1992 Simpson's episode ?

1. What third Stones US album was not released in the UK ?

The Rolling Stones Now

2.Who is described as looking 'sweet' as she strolls down Newport Street in the song 'Downtown Suzie '-Sally,Lucy , or Jenny ?

Lucy

3.What saint 'knew temptation' according to the song 'Saint of Me ' ?

I dunno...

4. What mode of transport did the Stones use to reach the New York press conference announcing their 2002-03 tour ?

right answer, Ray

5.Which Stone said 'I sit down and play 25 great songs by other people and hope one of mine drops off the end ' ?

Charlie Watts

6. Which 2 Stones provided voiceovers for a 1992 Simpson's episode ?

J&R

1. What third Stones US album was not released in the UK ? The Rolling Stones Now !

2.Who is described as looking 'sweet' as she strolls down Newport Street in the song 'Downtown Suzie '-Sally,Lucy , or Jenny ? Lucy

3.What saint 'knew temptation' according to the song 'Saint of Me ' ? St.Augustine

4. What mode of transport did the Stones use to reach the New York press conference announcing their 2002-03 tour ? Blimp

5.Which Stone said 'I sit down and play 25 great songs by other people and hope one of mine drops off the end ' ? Keith

6. Which 2 Stones provided voiceovers for a 1992 Simpson's episode ? Mick and Keith

1. What was the last Stones album to feature Brian Jones ?

2.What saint is mentioned in the song 'Family ' ?

3. What character from a Beatles song and album title is mentioned in 'Look What the Cat Dragged In " ?

4. What is the girl on the poster for the 1978 tour of the US seen to be wearing under her blue smock ?

5. What N.American country was the venue for Keith's wedding on his 40th birthday ?

6.What Whoopi Goldberg Movie took it's title from a Stones song ?

Edited by Guest

1- "Let It Bleed" (only playing Autoharp and percussion; Mick taylor was already around on rhythm guitar and slide guitar as well)

2- St Augustine

3- Sgt Peppper

4- I should google but that would be cheating?

5- Mexico

6- Jumping Jack Flash?