SF Fantasy Baseball VIII : 2012 Season

Kevin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone in Head-2-Head have an extra batter or 2? I've got extra pitching (Bartolo Colon) for trade. He puts up decent numbers (low ERA & WHIP) and pitches 7 innings avg/start. He's been good for me, but I need runs, hits and steals.

Colon has good numbers despite the team score (I don't know how, but he does) Yeah, he's not an ace, but I didn't ask for Mickey Mantle. Just someone who can hit. My entire line-up goes 0/4 every game. They suck. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm cursed. Just a couple days after a trade with RJ and one of the boys ends up on the DL. :laughing:

And for some reason Burnett wasn't placed on the roster (he sat on the bench while pitching an amazing game). I think the baseball Gods simply hate Canadians who mock the excruciating slow pace at which the sport is played. :jester:

Here comes Big Bad Phil , ready to blast into first place anyday now ! The way his batters are producing, he hardly even needs pitching - yet he's even getting that . :thumbsup:

My bunch of seem to have finally run out of gas... :P Gonna have to come up with some kinda plan ( read: desperate moves) soon , perhaps . :D

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Thanks,guys, and my congrats to Carl as well. :thumbsup:

My thanks again to all for sticking it out through another long season, and to Phil for giving me a close run for the money that went right to the last week. Kept it exciting, and glad there wasn't another couple of weeks to go!

A pretty unusual season to win ,imo. Had to play 'Billy Ball' for most of it as I was dealt a starting roster of B players mostly -few big stars to speak of at all. However, got really lucky with many early pick-ups this year and nearly all surprisingly played well enough throughout the season to pull it off, which is pretty rare. Inconsistency and surprising slumps from many stars on other rosters helped me big-time , as well.

Unlikely to replicate that kind of season again, but I'll take it ! :sing1:

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Kevin and Carl. Well done, boys.

While I love baseball, I have to say that they are the SOFTEST professional athletes. The least little thing seems to sideline them. A blister on the finger...three weeks on the disabled list. A stubbed toe.....he could be gone for the season.

Give me hockey players anyday. They play through pain. ARGHHH!!!!:D