Adele shoots middle finger at Brit Awards

Mike

Adele may turn the flipping the middle finger into a new trend.

Following M.I.A.'s Super Bowl gesture, the British singer shot the bird last night at London's Brit Awards. She was making her acceptance speech after being given the best album award, when host James Corden cut her off to introduce the pop band, Blur.

The crowd booed, and up went Adele hand.

"I flung the middle finger. That was for the suits at the Brit Awards, not my fans," she said, according to the BBC. "I'm sorry if I offended anyone but the suits offended me."

Backstage, she added, "I was about to thank the British public for all their support but they cut me off. "So thank you very much for all your support. It's amazing."

ITV, which aired the show, later issued a statement about the incident, saying: "The Brits is a live event. Unfortunately the program was over-running and we had to move on. We would like to apologize to Adele for the interruption."

The wasn't the only thing about Adele that got people buzzing. Bling on her left had prompted engagement rumors for the singer, who kissed and cuddled with boyfriend Simon Konecki throughout the ceremony.

Copyright © 2011 USA TODAY

Good for her; Blur has had their day anyway and are as contemporarily relevant as Duran Duran -likely less so . If they can't hold a few extra seconds/minute for someone who just matched Grammy Award excellence , then they are messed up . Personally ,I'd like to see all these award shows nixed from television , anyway -they are just ...dull .

I flip the bird at drivers who pi$$ me off just as easily ... ;).The lack of guns in Japan and the difficulty of stabbing a fellow driver are what I count on . :laughing:

Edited by Guest