Whitney Houston Dies At Age 48 :(

_Laurie_

RIP Whitney :(

UPDATE: CNN reports that Ray J, who was once involved in a relationship with Whitney Houston, found her dead body in a room at the Beverly Hilton hotel.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, has died. She was 48.

Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unclear.

At her peak in the 1980s and '90s, Houston the golden girl of the music industry and one of the world's best-selling artists.

Among her hits were "How Will I Know," ''Saving All My Love for You" and "I Will Always Love You." She won multiple Grammys including album and record of the year.

Listen to her groundbreaking early music and you can understand how her - then unique - controlled pitch variations influenced an entire generation of vocalists like Mariah Carey, Destiny's Child, etc. The artists who followed her style became the templates for today's American Idol-type pop vocalists.

Until she got too good ... she was great.

I'm shocked at today's news, but not surprised.

My kid came home from work last night and told me "Whitney Houston died." I was shocked. Been so busy working I haven't had time to catch up on news or been in the car at all to hear the radio.

Came into the Internet, began looking up articles, every one of which showed a photo, of course. My kids comes in, looks at the screen, and says, "Oh, she was black? With a name like Whitney Houston, I thought she'd been a white girl with long blonde hair." He hadn't a clue.

What a voice. What a loss.

I had a really hard time with this news -worst minute and a half of my life dealing with it .I'm fine now though , and in fact feel much better , so no need for supportive posts . TBH , I thought she'd died already years ago , but I see now that I had her confused with Payton Manning ... my bad .

I don't wanna throw accusations around loosely -you know that's not my style -but I heard a few month's ago that Dolly Parton was having 'money troubles ' . Problem solved now ? I consider her a person of interest , nonetheless ... 'follow the money ' ...

Edited by Guest

Many of you know that I live in NJ just outside of NYC. I'm right in the funeral procession path. The church is about 10 miles away in Newark and the cemetery is about 2 miles away in Westfield. Depending on how they decisde to go, the procession can pass as close as 2 blocks from my house, but it would be impossible (or at least nearly impossible) for it to be more than 1 mile away when they turn off to get there.

I know this doesn;t contribute much to the conversation, but it's all I got.

That'll be quite the documentary you can make , RJ . "I was Kinda near there ... The Whitney Houston Funeral " ... :D Showtime will likely bite , or the History channel ... it's no Zapruder film , but it will likely sell to someone ...

" 3 houses overtop of the one in frame , the late ,great Whitney's hearse is passing ....silence now ... only groundhogs are barking.... for the blood the mere mortals ..arrrrgh ! ...."

Edited by Guest

Many of you know that I live in NJ just outside of NYC. I'm right in the funeral procession path. The church is about 10 miles away in Newark and the cemetery is about 2 miles away in Westfield. Depending on how they decisde to go, the procession can pass as close as 2 blocks from my house, This is an excellent site I love it but it would be impossible (or at least nearly impossible) for it to be more than 1 mile away when they turn off to get there.

I know this doesn;t contribute much to the conversation, but it's all I got.

As a huge fan of Whitney, I am truly saddened by this news. RIP :(

Edited by Guest