18. Leaving Eden – Carolina Chocolate Drops

19. King Animal – Soundgarden

20. The Haunted Man – Bat For Lashes

21. Valtari – Sigur Ros

22. Mirage Rock – Band of Horses

23. Le Voyage Dans La Lune - Air

24. Bloom – Beach House

25. The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends

Yeah, I've tried several, but it seems you need an actual computer to make them work. I just have my little PS3 which is limited when it comes to downloading. :crazy:

YouTube still exists. Search for the artist's name and see if someone uploaded the album or some tracks off the album.

You don't need *just* streaming audio services.

Which is what I normally do. I may be familiar with about a couple dozen new songs because I stumbled upon them on YouTube. Which brings me back to my original comment: if I heard all of these albums then I could argue, but being too naive & shut-in has left me without an intelligent argument.

The list has provided me with search "keywords" :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

My top ten albums:

1. Visions - Grimes

2. Channel Orange - Frank Ocean

3. The Money Store - Death Grips

4. good kid, m.A.A.d city - Kendrick Lamar

5. Swing Lo Magellan - Dirty Projectors

6. Ekstasis - Julia Holter

7. Bloom - Beach House

8. Kill For Love - Chromatics

9. 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! - Godspeed You! Black Emperor

10. R.A.P. Music - Killer Mike

Man most albums this year have disappointed me - APTBS, SSPU, Memory tapes - all the bands that blew me away in 2010 have been damp this year (to think APTBS had two releases and I'm this tepid about the fact). I did love Airiel's Kid Games - just as addictive as ever. Also //orangenoise (remember my friend from PK who was on here some time ago? his band) has matured like nobody's business and their 'A Journey to the Heart of Matter' is AMAZN. Ringo Deathstarr's Color Trip is good, sure, but too twee for me - I much preferred their Sparkler days. BIG UPS to Flies On You for going with a sound no one else is or has in their obsession for glitch and scratch - so unique you can't label them, and I love the lyrics and the stories behind them. I'm not a lyrics person in the least so that's saying something.

OH! And I didn't mention - I couldn't stop listening to AraabMUZIK's Electronic Dream 2. Purity Ring's Shrines really grabbed me as well, though mostly on the strength of Belispeak. Dead Can Dance's Anastasis is so otherworldly that I don't think it qualifies for a best-of list. Alcest's newie hasn't done anything for me yet, but I guess there must be something there, since Souvenirs and Ecailles were such jaw-droppers. And finally (?) I've just finished listening to a band called The Dandelion War who've had me totes mesmerised especially by a song called Drifters. I haven't found the time/ambience in which to listen to GY!BE, but I'm guessing that'll be right up there too!