2012 In Music

RockyRaccoon

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Artists that are supposedly releasing new albums this year (that I find interesting): Ringo Starr, Leonard Cohen, Paul McCartney, Of Montreal, Van Halen, Shearwater, Sleigh Bells, Regina Spektor, Aerosmith, Alice In Chains, Baroness, Garbage, Green Day, The Killers, Kyuss Lives, The Mars Volta, MGMT, Metallica, Muse, The Offspring, Queens of the Stone Age, Rage Against The Machine, Rush, Slayer, Soundgarden, Bruce Springsteen, The Strokes, Tool, Wolfmother.

Of course, I got all this from wikipedia, so we'll see which ones actually pan out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well, actually - it's OK. But it's just an EP and a bit too polished. I prefer their albums still, especially their last one. Exploding Head was PHENOMENAL. The self-titled was great too, but a bit more amateurish. Onwards to the Wall is too professional. But in APTBS land too amateurish > too professional.

Yesterday I listened to the first two CDs of Chimes of Freedom: Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International

obviously with this huge amount of songs some are bound to be better than others, but overall it's really not bad :)

the downside is, that I now have Miley Cyrus in my library, but that's the sacrifices you have to make for the good cause, I guess...

Yesterday I listened to the first two CDs of Chimes of Freedom: Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International

obviously with this huge amount of songs some are bound to be better than others, but overall it's really not bad :)

the downside is, that I now have Miley Cyrus in my library, but that's the sacrifices you have to make for the good cause, I guess...

I feel the same way. A lot of it was really good, I especially loved the Johnny Cash/Avett Brothers cover of "One Too Many Mornings". But it is unfortunate that now both Ke$ha and Miley Cyrus are in my music library.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...