All-Time Funniest movie

Danielj

Jay and Silent Bob is easily the funniest movie ever made, here's my list of faveorite comedies

1)Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

2)Anchorman (if you haven't seen it, rent it when it comes out, I've never laughed so hard in a theater)

3)Clerks

4)Dogma

5)Mallrats

6)Chasing Amy

and I'm positive that It'll be added to my list when it's released

7)Clerks 2: The Passion of The Clerks

(I'm serious, this is the new Kevin Smith movie)

I detect a trend in my list......... :jester:

Not generally one for funny movies (like funny bits in movies as opposed to slapstick) but Groundhog Day just rocks my boat!

Jane, I agree about Groundhog Day. I've probably seen it at least 20 times....not always in its entirety but bits and pieces. I just can't resist watching it whenever I come across it on TV.

Back when I first saw It's A mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World I thought it was the funniest thing ever made. I find it less funny now but at the time it was number 1.

Other faves:

Blazing Saddles

Animal House

Fish Called Wanda

Throw Momma From The Train

High Anxiety

Any Monty Python flick

Christmas Vacation

Ghostbusters

What About Bob

The Hope/Crosby Road flicks

The Nutty Professor (Jerry Lewis)

Airplane...just to name a few

Back when I first saw It's A mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World I thought it was the funniest thing ever made.

To this day, I still laugh out loud when I think of that guy driving the red convertible crying about his mama.

Funniest movie to me was, damn, I'll have to give it more thought.

OK, I've thought about it and while it may not be considered a movie, it was on film. I think the hardest I ever laughed for the longest amount of time was Eddie Murphy's Delirious and Raw.

I agree with Gilliann about Meet the Parents. It was hilarious.