Van Halen Announce U.S. Tour

Mike

After years of rumors and teases, iconic hich-kicking rockers Van Halen are officially all the way back. Following an intimate club show in New York on Thursday night at Café Wha?, the group revealed that they will hit the road for a 45-date tour beginning February 18 in Louisville, Kentucky.

The first show will take place less than two weeks after the release of A Different Kind of Truth, VH's first album of new material with original singer David Lee Roth since 1984. The first single and video from the disc by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame act, "Tattoo," are slated to drop on Tuesday.

The tour will feature support from legendary R&B act Kool & the Gang on select dates, with tickets going on sale on January 14. According to a press release, fans can expect to hear some new songs on the tour alongside some of the band's most beloved tunes, including "Eruption," "Running with the Devil," "You Really Got Me," "Everybody Wants Some," "Jump" and "Hot For Teacher."

In late December, Van Halen fans got confirmation that the reunion tour and album with 57-year-old Lee Roth were on via a video released on the band's official site.

Van Halen's original bass player and backing vocalist, Michael Anthony, was booted from the band in 2006 after 32 years and replaced by guitarist Eddie Van Halen's teenage son, Wolfgang. After parting ways with Roth in 1985, Van Halen rebooted with singer Sammy Hagar in 1985, enjoying a string of hit albums and songs through 1996, when Hagar was shown the door and briefly replaced by former Extreme singer Gary Cherone, who only lasted three years in the slot. After bringing Hagar back in from 2003 to 2005, Van Halen invited Roth back into the fold several years ago and toured with him in 2007 and 2008. Dates for the Van Halen tour:

February 18 - Louisville, KY @ KFC Yum! Center

February 20 - Detroit, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills

February 22 - Indianapolis, IN @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse

February 24 - Chicago, IL @ United Center

February 28 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

March 1 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

March 3 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena

March 5 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center

March 9 - Buffalo, NY @ First Niagara Center

March 11 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

March 15 - Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre

March 17 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre

March 21 - Ottawa, ON @ Scotiabank Place

March 24 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Boardwalk Hall

March 28 - Washington, DC @ Verizon Center

March 30 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Consol Energy Center

April 1 - Rosemont, IL @ Allstate Arena

April 10 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ BankAtlantic Center

4/12 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum

April 14 - Orlando, FL @ Amway Arena

April 16 - Jacksonville, FL @ Jacksonville Arena

April 19 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena

April 21 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum

April 25 - Charlotte, NC @ Time Warner Cable Arena

April 27 - Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena

May 1 - Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center

May 5 - Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome

May 7 - Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena

May 9 - Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome

May 11 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place

May 17 - Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre

May 19 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center

May 22 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

May 24 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center

May 27 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena

June 1 - Los Angeles, CA @ STAPLES Center

June 3 - Oakland, CA @ Oracle Arena

June 5 - San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion

June 12 - Anaheim, CA @ Honda Center

June 14 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena

June 16 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center

June 20 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center

June 22 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

June 24 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

June 26 - New Orleans, LA @ New Orleans Arena

COPYRIGHT©2012 MTV.COM

Saw them for the '08 reunion tour. It was freakin' awesome. :rockon: I'd see them again.

As did I. It was great.

Though it got a little awkward when David Lee Roth started telling this weird story. It went something like this:

"I remember when I was younger, my friends and I used to go to this friend of mine's house and we used to get so high man. And this kid had a wall that was painted black but it was painted over white. And we used to sit there and throw darts at the wall and when we took the darts off, it left a little white dot. And man, we would throw a bunch of darts and there would be white dots everywhere and we'd sit there and pretend we were on the f***ing Starship Enterprise man."

During that someone shouted "SHUT UP AND PLAY".

• 2 weeks later...