The Verve

Jillianne

I think the Verve are well and truely over - I think their ex drummer toured with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club in the UK when their drummer couldnt' get a visa... hmmm, not a very interesting fact!

Richard Ashcroft did some solo stuff, to mixed success, there was this cool video where half way through he stops the music and has a pee.... whatever...

My favourites are Sonnet (bit of a heartbreaker) and Lucky Man.

Are they still around?

I remember one song by them that was really good. I think it was called "The Freshman".

They had another song called Photograph, I remember MTV playing the video on 120 minutes & Alternative Nation, back when they had good music hours. I don't think they're still around anymore, or they've flopped with any release since 1997.

If I had to choose three albums only to take onto a desert island, 'Urban Hymns' would be one of them. It is a masterpiece and one of the few albums released within the last 10 years that will stand the test of time. Best listened to alone and in the dark, otherwise alone and driving. You will be a changed person afterwards.

Regards