The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #272

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE...

sfc1a-1.png

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ...

Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists).

... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

Nominate Now!

:headphones:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wedding Bell Blues - Laura Nyro (1966)

The cover by The 5th Dimension has already made it in, but I think Laura's original is just as good, if not equally as great. There's a bit more soul in the vocals, and a bit more oomph to the backing vocals. It's a shame she's not in the RRHOF for her songwriting, because when you think about the songs she wrote that others had huge hits with, it's staggering.

I Knew You When - Billy Joe Royal (1965)

Bodies - The Duke Spirit (2011)

No Pussy Blues - Grinderman (2006)

I'm going to forcefeed you people modern music until you vote for it. :cool:

I've nominated tons of modern artists in the past, no one votes for them aside from me and maybe two other people. I vote for the songs I like best every week; sometimes it's all newer stuff, sometimes it's all older stuff, sometimes it's a mixture. It depends.

I always try, I even nominate them occasionally. I promise to give your's a good honest listen if you promise to give a good honest listen to the Traffic song ... ;)

:cool: I love that song. It's on my iTunes. There's a very good chance that I'll vote for it. People always seem to forget that I push modern music, but the classics are as big a part of my life, if not bigger. You do remember why my screen name is The Lizard, right? :D

I'm going to forcefeed you people modern music until you vote for it. :cool:

Tim, there's lots of good "modern" music... I listen to all the noms, I don't vote for the new ones usually because I like the old ones better... except when I DO vote for the new ones :grin: I know The Duke Spirit and depending on the other noms I might even vote for it ;)

Lucky, of course you have my vote :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest