The best way for Jesus to die??

PSYCHOcatholic

Well...my retreat went off without a hitch. It was a fantastic experience. Saturday night was the night that hit me the hardest. We talked about The Passion of Christ. Not the movie...but the way it really happened. Now, we later did talk of 3 movies...Of course The Passion...then Jesus Christ Superstar...then Jesus of Nazareth...later me and my youth minister talked of the Last Temptation of Christ. Now, these movies are said to be some of the greatest depictions of Jesus' last days. Now...what do you think?

Jesus Christ Superstar...It was based on the story of Judas..he got top billing in this musical. I LOVE this movie/musical...the depiction is weird but good. It stresses the worries of the apostles as well. How much they wanted to be famous.

The Passion of the Christ--A Strongly depicted movie, more physical then mental. I think that Mel Gibson did a great job! But, he needed to show more of Jesus' feelings as well as some of the other apostles.

Jesus of Nazareth--Not a favorite of mine, bad acting, but, it got deep into the apostles feelings. I noticed after watching the movie the second time, the actor that played Bilbo Baggins..im lost on the name....he was in Jesus of Nazareth as the High Priest of the San Hedrin. I have nothing more to say of this movie. :sleepy:

What do you think?...whats your favorite? If you have seen others...name em. And...what do you think was wrong with them? Many people have different beliefs..lets not get personal! :)

I've always been fond of Godspell. Great songs..."Day by Day" is amazing.

I still don't know how I felt about "The Passion". However, being a mother, I appreciated the way they showed Mary's feelings. The scene where Jesus was a little boy and she comforted him was so touching. It was heart wrenching to watch her face as Jesus was being led past her.

Watch Jesus Christ Superstar. It isn't really set in those times, it's like a mix of both times. It uses some modern stuff to help reinforce the story, so I guess it is a little artsy, but the music is really good and it makes you feel really sad. I wish they would continue the story, but it ends at the crucifixtion.

Undoubtedly, my favourite movie that dealt with the human side and the private thoughts of Jesus was the The Last Temptation of Christ.

Truly, the thoughts of Jesus as He suffered on the cross has always intrigued me and TLToC is how I think He may have thought about the burden He carried and how easy it would have been for Him not to, but, it had to be, not for Him but for us.

The movie is genius, it blows "The Passion" away, IMO.

Damn got here a bit late. As Scott said The Passion sucks ass. It's just a mindless Hollywood action movie.

I haven't seen any of the other ones except the great Last Temptation and I'll go along Muzic trail here. The greatest thing about the movie is that it shows the human side of Christ: suffering from fear, rage, temptation and heck, he wasn't even sure it was God talking to him, but he overcame everything and became the great person we all know from the gospel. As a movie it has great photography, sountrack (Peter Gabriel), scenery and it has the great David Bowie. One of my all-time favorite movies. I give it two thumbs up and 5/5 stars :beatnik: