I haven't been on for a while . . .

RyanTurtle

As most of you probably didn't notice, I have been missing from the forum for a while. This is the result of a chaotic month.

See, I was SUPPOSED to be getting married this weekend, but about a month ago, Chandra decided to inform me that she not only didn't want to get married anymore, but she was moving out. Of course, this all happened the same day that I lost my job. Sooo, needless to say, I was in a bad spot. I ended up spending a couple weeks in the hospital on suicide watch and now I am unemployed and living with my parents again.

C'est le vie, I suppose. Better to break up now than AFTER the wedding. At least I don't have to go through a divorce.

I noticed you were gone, Ryan. So sorry to hear about all your troubles, but believe me, nothing is worth taking your life over. I have been unemployed for about a year and while it can get you down, I keep myself busy with friends, volunteering, etc., and that helps.

As for your breakup, you are right, better that she ended it before the wedding instead of after. It probably doesn't seem like it now, but your heart will heal and some day, when you're ready, you will find the right person for you.

Keep your chin up, Ryan.

I'm sorry to hear this Ryan, I know it has to be a tough thing to deal with. But you've got the right idea now, you're young and strong, and I have faith that you'll come out the other side of this situation stronger yet.

Meanwhile, hang with us ... I've been through some rough life changes myself, and it's always been great to know that I've got good friends here propping me up.

I don't think I've fallen from so a high a height (or, at least, anything that'd make consider ending my life), but there were similar experiences which made me reconsider my philosophy. Learning from it all definitely changed me for the better and I have no doubt it will change you for the better, as well :beatnik:

Wow, Ryan, that's a real bad time... :P I'm sorry...

But you seem to have an optimistic view now... you KNOW this is just a bad time. You'll be doing fine very soon. You're young and healthy and you love life. This girl wan't good for you. Nor the job. You'll find the right ones soon... ;)

Thank you all for the kind words! I really appreciate it!

Well, yesterday was my "supposed to be wedding day". We ended up going to the bar. I spent the night drinking Guinness, playing Galaga, and flirting with the cute, off duty waitress who I apparently pretend married. All in all it was tons of fun and really helped to cheer me up. For the first time in a while, I feel like it's all gonna be ok.

I would play Galaga against both of you. Take a swig of the hard stuff every time your ship is blowed up and see how far you can get :rockon:

I don't know about that. I'm pretty good. I was raised on Galaga. I've had the high score on that machine since I was a kid, and the only time that wasn't the case was when they reset the machine.