Best Scenes

Batman

Almost Famous-Penny Lane's O.D.

My favorite part of that movie was when the lead singer was on acid at that party & he climbed up the roof & was getting ready to jump in the pool. He yelled out to the journalist from Rolling Stone

Russell: And you can tell Rolling Stone magazine that my last words were... I'm on drugs!

William: Russell! I think we should work on those last words!

Russell: I got it, I got it. Last words: I dig music.... I'm on drugs!

Then he jumps into the pool & doesn't remember anything about it the next day.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite part of that movie was when the lead singer was on acid at that party & he climbed up the roof & was getting ready to jump in the pool. He yelled out to the journalist from Rolling Stone

Russell: And you can tell Rolling Stone magazine that my last words were... I'm on drugs!

I love that movie. My favorite scenes are when Penny is dancing to Cat Stevens "The Wind" and when William chases her out into the street with "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters" playing in the background.

Awesome soundtrack, btw!

The scene in Philadelphia where Tom Hanks is walking around with the portable i v stand and Denzel Washington starts to ask him questions in preparation for next day's court. The opera with Maria Callas starts on the record player and Tom asks Denzel if he minds listening to this kind of music. Then Tom begins a passionate running commentary of the aria that's playing, just like in music appreciation 101.