Best Scenes

Batman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always loved the scene in The Godfather where Michael finally gives in and allows Kay one question about his "business". Then he proceeds to lie to her so piously. He reminded me of my dear late brother Vince in that scene. Vince was always able to get over on his wife with no pangs of conscience whatsoever. Ahhh Vince...miss you so much!.

Lol yeah, that is a hilarious scene.

That was a very funny scene but IMO, the greatest scene in Big was when Tom Hanks and Robert Loggia played hopping Chopsticks. What was so great about it was they did the whole scene in only one take. Knowing this is what makes it so special because when watching it, during the course of the song, you can see Hanks and Loggia looking at each other as their smiles intensifies by not believing that they aren't messing up. When they finished, the happiness and mutual surprise wasn't acting at all and the applause from the stand-ins was genuine. Never were they able to do the whole song again without messing up.

What a great movie and scene.

Mukiktyme just reminded me of another one of my favorite scenes in another thread. The part where Michael Douglas continuously falls down hill in "Falling Down"

Also the various parts in Deliverance, like where Bobby gets raped by the backwards mountain man & when they tried to get rid of the body. Any given sequence in Saving Private Ryan & the Russian roulette scene in the Deer Hunter.

You sho' got a purrty mouth, boy.

I'm gunna make you squeeeaaal like a piggy.

I tried to find a picture of "Deliverance" to go along with these posts. The search came up with a bunch of various pictures, some unrelated to the movie. For some reason, the fact that this picture is related to "Deliverance" amuses me to no end...

thumb_deliverance.11.jpg

Russian roulette scene in the Deer Hunter.

Probably one of my favourite scenes of all time. The acting went above the call of duty.

When I think of a shocking scene, I think of the original Alien. That movie, when it was first released, caught me completely off guard. I don't think since The Exorcist had I been so surprised and excited.

the "Shakin' the bush, boss! Shakin' the bush!!" scene

and

"What we have here is... failure to communicate..." (2 scenes)

all from Cool Hand Luke

In Close Encounters of the Third Kind the beginning of the abduction scene where all the toys and appliances come on and create total chaos, then... the soothing Johnny Mathis ballad 'Chances Are' starts on the record player.

____

04_johnwayne37_d.jpg

Howdy Pilgrim

In Office Space, I love the scene where he strolls through the office to the sounds of Ice Cube's "Gangsta N----".

There's also a Chevy Chase movie called Funny Farm. It's a bad movie, but there's a great scene where the dog catches fire and is too lazy to do anything about it.

The song Napolean danced to is "Canned Heat" by Jamiriqui (It sounds like "Candy") - I stayed through the credits to find out, and was rewarded with the extra scene.

the "Shakin' the bush, boss! Shakin' the bush!!" scene

and

"What we have here is... failure to communicate..." (2 scenes)

all from Cool Hand Luke

"Stop talking like a hillbilly tramp, Koko! Let me come over here and sit next to my boy. He beat you with a handful of nothing! Just like he kept coming back after me, with nothing! Cool hand Luke hell! Why that boy's a natural born world shaker! He smiles like a baby but bites like a 'gator!"

-Dragline

I thought of a good one from the movie "Arthur" on the way home from work.

Arthur: Hopson, do you know what the worst part about being me is?

Hopson : I would image your breath

LOL. Now that's funny.

Indeed.

Talk about a frightening scene. This one took the cake.

*warning - this scene is very graphic so please don't click the link if you are weak at heart...

I'll give a hint:

Just before Frank is torn apart, he quotes the shortest verse in the Bible:

*warning

Jesus wept

I love the scene in the Royal Tenenbaums where Royal tells Etheline that he is dying. If you haven't seen that movie you go right out and rent it! Let me know. Not only is it terribly funny but quite moving also.

P.S. While you're at Blockbuster you should also get Bottlerockets and Rushmore. Wes Anderson(and Owen Wilson) are absolutely fabulous. They have what they call the Citeron (I know the spelling is wrong)collection on DVD that has great extras.

Hmmm, I'll have to check both movies out.

Batman commented on Starsky and Hutch. While I was none too impressed with the movie, I thought it was kinda funny when Big Earl said:

"OK, turn around, grab the chair, arch your back and look at me real mean, like...a dragon."

Then it got a little weird.