Leslie West

Carl

Dan had a talk with Leslie West of Mountain, which Shawna did a remarkable job deciphering. Early on we found out that Leslie is a little less mountainous - he's missing a leg, which was amputated in... Mississippi.

It gets a little crazier from there, where a story about a guy named Joe Pizza, and tales from the Who's Next sessions where he was invited to play along with his bandmate Felix Pappalardi, who turned out to be not the Felix they were looking for.

At one point Leslie called out Dan for suggesting he dedicated the song "Theme From an Imaginary Western" to Felix, which came from our Songfacts. I thought we screwed up, but then saw the video where Leslie does indeed dedicate the song to Felix. Rock and Roll!!!

Leslie West of Mountain

My area's local Rock radio station has a birthday bash every year and Mountain was the headliner this year for their 31st Birthday Bash.

That was on April 21st of this year.

I got passes to a meet and greet in the radio studio that afternoon where they interviewed Leslie and Corky and each of them played a song.

I got to shake Leslie's hand later in the evening at the show. It was a great show!

At one point Leslie called out Dan for suggesting he dedicated the song "Theme From an Imaginary Western" to Felix, which came from our Songfacts. I thought we screwed up, but then saw the video where Leslie does indeed dedicate the song to Felix. Rock and Roll!!!

I hope you told Dan that. ;)

This was a really interesting one, I thought. I loved the stories he told. Colorful guy.