Netfix jacked up my rate!

Ombre Vivante

For one month, I will be paying 5 dollars more! But I didn't cancel. I still like their overall service: fast shipping (one of their warehouses is in the same city I work in) and huge movie selection. They also have a decent webpage interface and it can be accessed pretty much anywhere; if I am not in town, I can put the service on hold without being charged. The times when discs have been lost or damaged, I've not been charged.

Don't get me wrong, I was pissed during the last pricing structure that charged me more for discs, so I changed from a 3-disc to a 2-disc plan. Coincidentally, if I go back to a 3-disc plan, I end up paying less per month than what I've been paying for the past decade!

I'm not a netfix rep, nor do I invest in it, but rebl0x doesn't look so hot: crappy selection, deadline to bring back the video, driving to the redbl0x itself. It's a hassle in light of the fact I can get more for doing less. I think this might work if you're within walking distance from one and if you don't care about movies (so you'll watch anything).

Hulu and other streaming services? I don't stream. I don't watch television and movies on screens smaller than 27 inches (and I don't have a modern tellie than can be h00ked up to a laptop for streaming). There's also the buffering, slow-down, and inability to have the "extras" that come with the disc (the majority of streamed junk doesn't have the extras). If anything, I'd rather torrent and by-pass all streaming services.

Since I will be paying a little more for one month, I will watch some streamed movies (I have about 100 streamed movies and shows in my queue). I'm thinking if I can watch at least five movies I will get my money's worth :beatnik:

I don't know what Blockbuster's "standard rates" are, but the introductory rate is the same as what I paid Netflix, and is only good until the end of October. What I like about Netflix over BB is there are no late fees. I read the [smallest]very fine print[/smallest] on the BB flyer I got in the mail - which print is literally so small it's almost not there - and that's where it serves the killing blow about the late fees.

I sometimes cannot watch a movie the same week I receive it, and Netflix allows me to keep it for as long as I want, where BB has "additional charges" for anything not returned within 10 days.

Don't forget lackluster is also quick to shove people into collections over some stupid "late fee." I'm glad that business model failed spectacularly when confronted by their rivals' people-oriented customer service :beatnik:

12 bucks for 2 discs at a time (unlimited monthly rentals) with a huge selection of movies and no late fees? Who can top that?