Lykke Li

Earth-Angel

Since I moved to Sweden, I have been more interested and exposed to Swedish artists, and have found that they have a lot more talent than just Abba, Aha or Kent!

Yes, it is true!

I have this little lady on my mix list and have listened to her latest album a number of times because it's beautifully written, raw and catchy.

lykkelinewmedium.jpg

Listen here!

Wounded Rhymes Tracklist

Youth knows no pain

I follow rivers*

Unrequited love*

Rich kids blues

I know places

Jerome

Silent my song*

All of the tracks have something special about them, and honestly, the whole album plays well from start to finish i.e. no doozy stocking-fillers. Stars next to particular faves of mine.

Her previous album, Youth Novels, is also excellent - but doesn't strike the same chord (personally) as WR does.

Since I moved to Sweden, I have been more interested and exposed to Swedish artists, and have found that they have a lot more talent than just Abba, Aha or Kent!

Yes, it is true!

I dunno, Angel, that's a pretty bold statement :beatnik: What about Europe, Emma Nilsdotter, Roxette, Ace Of Base, and The Cardigans/Nina Persson? :headphones:

Also... A-Ha is from Norway :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMTOxAjk9Ec

I dunno, Angel, that's a pretty bold statement :beatnik: What about Steppenwolf, Emma Nilsdotter, Roxette, Ace Of Base, and The Cardigans/Nina Persson? :headphones:

Also... A-Ha is from Norway :cool:

The intent of my apparent boldness came in admitting that I did not know a lot about Swedish music until I came here :) If I were to list every Swedish band that had a top 100 hit it might have been too pedantic but the sentiment was with the top bands I could think of at the time that I liked most ;)

And yes - A-ha are from Norway - perhaps I should start listening to more of their music too :)

Oh Sammy, you're so silly :afro:

I know they had plenty hits, I meant songs from Norweigan artists :P

I am sure there are more than just A-ha!

Suprisingly, A-Ha had better songs than "Take On Me." "Hunting High And Low" is one my all-time favourites. Check it out:

Video technology was getting better and better, and this can be seen by the morphing FX employed.

Another Norwegian band I dig was Apoptygma Berzerk :beatnik:

Just wanting to clear up that I had a few A-ha cassettes growing up in the 80/90s and all, so I am pretty familiar with the band ;)

The 2 songs mentioned above I liked along with Crying in the Rain, Cry wolf, The living daylights, The blood that moves the body, Stay on these roads, Touchy and The sun always shines on TV. Plus I don't know many girls I was friends with growing up that didn't have the hugest crush on Morten!