What the.....

Uncle Joe

I have to cop to the same excuse, I have no time.

Got 20 credits of college, a job, a wedding to plan and a kid. Sucks up a lottttt of time. Though I try to hop on whenever I can.

I can tell though. I mean, I haven't been here that long (compared to most others) but I can tell that the boards aren't as busy as they used to be. I'm sure everyone's busy and that's probably most of the reason why. Though it seems like some of the regulars we used to have have disappeared as well.

I think it first became obvious on the top tens. The participation on those died faster than an NBC sitcom.

It's sad :(

I'm thinking Facebook too. I've noticed a dropoff on a lot of message boards I'm on, and this seems to be the reason. I'm not on Facebook and the only reason I would join is if there are family members on it and they want me to join. The only one who wants me to join is my sister-in-law, though…

Facebook sound like a good excuse for others, but it's not mine. I've got a new job, with new nighttime hours and tons of new responsibilities (I've moved into management), so my time is limited and it makes me sad. Add to that the fact that every time I do log in, no one is here .... so I don't log in as much, to be honest.

Now if there were a reason to log in it would be different. It's funny you mention the top tens Rocky .... If we could round up enough participants I'd start them up regularly again. That would be a reason to log in. Anybody interested? Could we round up enough people?

I'm trying, but right now I have no job, so I'm a stay at home mom...not a very exciting life. I will try to write more about the books I'm reading and the music I'm listening to and such, but other than that my life is daily walks, job searching and mom duties.

Edited by Guest

I've been terrible over the last 2 years or so - not having internet at home (by choice mind you), and the convenience of Facebook on my phone have been the big ones. Also moving countries and a new job (without my boyfriend here) have been taxing on my time and energy.

But I do still pop in and have a read and check the Q&A forum. I'll try be better and drop in more often just for you, Uncle :)

Facebook sound like a good excuse for others, but it's not mine. I've got a new job, with new nighttime hours and tons of new responsibilities (I've moved into management), so my time is limited and it makes me sad. Add to that the fact that every time I do log in, no one is here .... so I don't log in as much, to be honest.

Now if there were a reason to log in it would be different. It's funny you mention the top tens Rocky .... If we could round up enough participants I'd start them up regularly again. That would be a reason to log in. Anybody interested? Could we round up enough people?

I'm always up for the Top Ten.

I also believe that The Top Ten was very important for the boards. I loved to get up on Mondays and see the nominations... :cool:

I'd love to be there again... :)

In my case, I might have blamed Facebook a year ago... but actually, I went back to my former rock critic job. So I need the mornings for research and to write. And then I work 8 hours in the afternoon. Which I didn't 3 years ago...

So I blame it on lack of time.

I' d love to see everybody songfacting again like before... :)