TV's New Season

Uncle Joe

I'm still a Survivor junkie. I've gotten a little tired of DWTS and Idol and that, but Survivor has me hooked every time.

Plus, I love "Raising Hope." Just wish I knew which night and what time it was on... I don't have a TV guide in paper or on the screen, so I have to go by memory, and now memory is failing me. I'm a mess.

It's on Tuesdays at 9:30 on Fox, Shawna. I happened to be reading a magazine and FOX had a big advertising spread on all their shows.

I'm bad with remembering all that, too. I know when Modern Family is on, but suddenly, I'm going to bed and realize I forgot to watch it!

I watch whatever happens to be on when I switch the tellie. Cartoon Network has two or three cartoon series I'm digging: Regular Show, Adventure Time, and, sometimes, Amazing World of Gumball. Comedy Central has Futurama, Ugly Americans, and Jon Stewart. That covers about 90% of what I watch. The rest is devoted to my loyalty to The First 48 homicide detective show (man, I LOVE that show!) :beatnik:

I watched the pilot of New Girl yesterday. It had some pretty funny moments, but I can't suspend my disbelief enough to think that Zooey Deschanel is not the most attractive woman in the universe. That said, I'll probably keep watching it just to get a weekly dose of Zooey.

I will watch it only for Zooey. I don't care if it's funny or not, I love that woman. She is beautiful.

Prime Suspect is very good. It's not at all like the British version with Helen Mirren. The British version was great, but the American show is also entertaining. Mind you, I really like Maria Bello.

The verdict is still out on Terra Nova. The premise is good but the execution leaves something to be desired. I'll give it a few more weeks.

I watched New Girl this week and wasn't too impressed.

Watched "New Girl" and LOVED IT. I thought it was hilarious.

Still haven't had the chance to see Person Of Interest, though I want to. I was hoping it'd be on demand but sadly every new CBS show is but that one.

Also watched the new season of Two And A Half Men. Just about as funny as it was before, which is to say it's alright.

• 1 month later...

I've watched the first three episodes of Grimm and I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've seen so far. The premise is interesting and the show doesn't take itself too seriously. It's actually quite funny even though the subject matter is rather dark.

The Walking Dead has been somewhat hit and miss so far this season. Last week's episode was, I thought, the best so far and so I'm optimistic that the quality will continue to improve.

The character of Shane is turning into a real bas***d.