Music that lasts a lifetime

MindCrime

What songs or artists have stuck with you the longest, who did you like growing up, that you still listen to today?

For me

Alice Cooper

Beatles

Black Sabbath

Blues Magoos

Bob Dylan

Cheap Trick

Clash

Deep Purple

Doors

Judas Priest

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

Ramones

Rolling Stones

Rush

Santana

Scorpions

Steppenwolf

Tom Petty

There's too many to name, but they were all favorites as a kid

My favorite songs have changed, I at one time liked the stuff from Saturday Night Fever & most of my favorite rock songs were the popular radio hits, like Smoke on the Water & Magic Carpet Ride.

The Beatles and The Who were the two first bands I really liked. I got into The Beatles after seeing "Beatlemania" when I was about 8 or 9. I have loved them since. The Who came into the picture after I heard my brother's copy of "Who's Next?" at about 10. That album STILL rocks hard and is one of my all time favorites.

Um, pretty much everything that I like to-day, I liked back then, but there was a time when The Smiths/Morrissey were the be-all, end-all of greatest bands that ever lived to the point where I had the posters, the magazines, the shirts, the videos, the hairdo :elvis: - everything! If it wasn't for The Smiths, I wouldn't be a music collector :headphones:

Most of the music I enjoy today was made a long time before I was even born. However, when I was about seven or eight, I remember my dad buying a few Elton John albums (CDs) and playing them a lot thereafter. Though I wasn't really into music then I enjoyed them immensely (even so much as memorizing the words to half the songs on Goodbye Yellow Brick Road). Eight or so years later and I still am very fond of Elton's John work. :headphones:

(Also his impressive skill at the piano partly inspired me to take up the instrument.)