Hurricane Irene

bluesboy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son is running the Wild Half Marathon on Sunday which starts on the Wildwood Boardwalk. They run all the way to Stone Harbor and then turn around to finish on the boardwalk again. For those of you that don't know, Wildwood is just north of Cape May and in the hurricane zone. with that said, I'm heading down on Saturday and staying until Monday. My hotel is on the beach. However, the beach at Wildwood is 1/2 mile wide at points...we'll be good. My hotel room is ocean front too. I'll report back...hopefully.

My son is running the Wild Half Marathon on Sunday which starts on the Wildwood Boardwalk. They run all the way to Stone Harbor and then turn around to finish on the boardwalk again. For those of you that don't know, Wildwood is just north of Cape May and in the hurricane zone. with that said, I'm heading down on Saturday and staying until Monday. My hotel is on the beach. However, the beach at Wildwood is 1/2 mile wide at points...we'll be good. My hotel room is ocean front too. I'll report back...hopefully.

For a point of reference (not that anybody asked for one) here is a view of where Wildwood is relative to a potential storm hit and the other photo sort of demonstrates how wide the beach is down there.

cm7002.pngwildwood_new_jersey-2.jpg

I envy you, Ron.

I hope I'm not one of those people you see on the news and say "Why did that idiot stay there during a hurricane?" Based on the forecast, it will be rainy and windy, but not catastrophic. The Wildwoods are a major U.S. resort (I know you know this UJ)and they will do everything to keep business as usual. I'm hoping for some great meals, watching my son run in the rain and having fun...the beach is questionable.

I really hope everyone on the east coast gets ready for this thing.It might just be a big rain event.But,according to TWC it's going to move slow,lots of rain and alot of wind. I'll be thinking and praying for everyone.I just hope everyone's safe.

Edited by Guest