Amy Winehouse dead!

Zabadak

I realize it's not easy to keep tabs on an addict, but you would think someone - family, record label flak, manager - would have kept an eye on her. This is so sad, as she was clearly at risk.

Despite (or maybe because of) her troubles, she was one of the great voices and outstanding songwriters of the '00s. A huge loss to the world of music.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. Doesn't mean she deserved to die, not by any stretch, but when you live your life a certain way people need to accept the reality that you may die that way. Simple as that.

She had a great voice, before she completely destroyed it. There's nothing worse than talent getting pissed away for no good reason.

• 1 month later...

Came across some quotes from Natalie Cole after Amy's big year at the Grammys. Natalie is lucky to be alive after years of drug abuse in the late '70s and early '80s - she once stayed in her hotel room when the building was on fire because she wanted to smoke more crack.

After Winehouse won, Cole said, "I don't agree with the Grammys giving [Amy] those nods. I think it sends the wrong message. Her behavior was being glorified. They took advantage of a young girl who's very ill."

At the time, she was dismissed as a hater, but she was so clearly right.

the saddest part is that nobody will ever know.Drugs will eventually win.It's a no brainer :shades: And once your gone people can and will say things that might not really be true.I never really listened to her music.But,a few of the songs that I've heard :( shows that she had a voice that will be missed.