Technology changing our lives?

Roscignos

Technology changing our lives?

Is Technology changing our lives??

i know this is long but please read it!!!!!!!

wow we are in class now talkin about how everyone would die if their cell phones got taken away.

(and im 16 by the way) and my phone got taken 2 years ago. and i havent had it since! at first i thought i would die! but thn after aout a month i was over it! things have been rocky at my house and i dont thin kmy parents ar ereally in the right situation to afford for me to have on eright now.

but ive learned that cell phone and technology arent everything.

and when i see my friends and how everyone's so into "oh leeme text" and all of that im just like..."wow imagine them without their phones"

basically im jus tsayin that the world is definately changing.

and if everything keeps getting s digital then their willl be less jobs and no one will be able to support their families and pay their bills.

i mean look at apple. it practically changed the music industry for the better and now they have this new iPAD tablet thing. im just in an aww at how much our world has changed us. i cant wait to see the world about 50 years from now.

im a very wise 16 year old and i think i might be just one of a few teens left without a phone. but i just wanna hear your thoughts]

--------------------

Edited by Guest
No spam in signatures!

I agree with you. Progress changes our lives. You don't ride a horse now, you drive a car. You don't die when you have an infection, you take medicines.

Machines are doing human's jobs. But writers will never be replaced by robots... so you should type more carefully... :laughing:

I didn't get a cell phone until recently, and it's a pay-as-you-go "dumb" unit intended for a road emergency. I've had internet access from the 28.8 baud days when CompuServe was a big player in the online BBS game. I finally upgraded to Broadband a few years ago to make software upgrades a matter of minutes instead of hours. I could step back to a "56K" landline if necessary, though I'd miss continuous streaming audio/video. Tech can change one's life, but I'm still in control (for now), and how far the changes go are a matter of individual choice. What happens next? "Angry Birds," of course! (That's one app that's NOT on the iPod Touch...so far.

I am much older than Roscignos, and yes, technology did change my life, only just 4 years ago.

It happened when I suddenly harvested lots of Rolling Stones bootlegs and wondered what to do with the downloads (legal ones, where I live).

I said to my son: "I can't burn all this on CD, the house is too small, it's more than 300 disks.." He answered contemptuously: "Get an mp3 player. Mine can handle 120 Gb...". So I did.

I had missed a few years of mp3-player innovation. But since then the little thing has become the absolute center of my daily music experience. It feeds the stereo in the house, in the car, on holiday locations and brightens up cycling to the office and weekly walks in nature.

Next step would a be buying a smartphone, integrating the functions of the devices that I have now. I do not yet, 'cause I have a free use of a mobile of my employer, and a subscription to a smartphone provider would cost about € 45 per month. But I'm jealous of all them youngsters playing around with one.

Edited by Guest