KISS Makeover?

Tenacious_Peaches

Queer Eye for the Straight Gene Simmons

KISS bassist might get television makeover

The Associated Press

Updated: 4:28 p.m. ET Aug. 27, 2004

NEW YORK - How would the guys from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" make over the black-and-white makeup of KISS? We may get to find out.

Gene Simmons, the tongue-wagging bassist of KISS, is considering an appearance on the Bravo reality show. On his Web site, Simmons says producers have asked him to join the Fab Five for an episode.

"They called me and asked me if I would do it. I'm a fan of the show. We may shoot on the 28th of Sept," Simmons says.

Bravo publicist Bill Brennan told The Associated Press Friday that the network has had discussions recently with the rocker.

"Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" is now in its second season, airing on Bravo at 10 p.m. (ET) on Tuesdays.

Beginning Sept. 1, Bravo will air four episodes of the British version of the show, complete with on-screen pop-ups to ensure that none of the jokes get lost in translation.

Ah, Ken, I see your opinions of KISS, 'the people' have changed over the years, as have mine.

I still love the music, even though now, I don't kid myself with the notion that Stanley/Simmons are the best songwriters, EVER!, the way I did when I was 14.

Their songwriting skills are, to say the least, substandard, and musically, it's not very challenging. But, it is, without question, in the most base form, rock and roll. I love it, still.

I'll give Gene Simmons this much:

He's extremely intelligent and is a modern day Casanova. Oh, and he's a natural performer and bassist.

He may rub off on people the wrong way but we have to understand how it would be to live like a king. No one really handles that well. Some are better able to hide what they truly are. Simmons doesn't and I admire him for that.