John Lennon Was Reagan Supporter By The End Of His Life

Mike

A former personal assistant to John Lennon, Fred Seaman, says that, near the end of his life, Lennon had grown more conservative in his political views.

Seaman says that Lennon supported Reagan over Carter in the 1980 presidential race: "John, basically, made it very clear that if he were an American he would vote for Reagan because he was really sour on Jimmy Carter . . . He'd met Reagan back, I think, in the '70s at some sporting event . . . Reagan was the guy who had ordered the National Guard, I believe, to go after the young demonstrators in Berkeley, so I think that John maybe forgot about that . . . He did express support for Reagan, which shocked me."

Seaman makes the claim in a new documentary, Beatles Stories, which is centered on interviews of 1960s rock stars who knew the Beatles.

Copyright © 2011 RTTNews.

Not to disagree with you at all, brother Mike. I just feel that John Lennon was far too intelligent to support Ronald Reagan.

I mean, Ronald Reagan was responsible for almost one hundred-thousand air traffic controllers' jobs!

Think about their families before you praise that senile joke. And then to add insult to injury; name an airport about his name? At the end, Reagan didn't even know his own name!!!

Still, though, he was a better president than we have now.

Obama?... It proves that there is no such thing as a president. I thought that at least one criteria of being a president would be to have a name that didn't sound like a terrorist!!!

Obama...lol, I'd rather have Bush, at least we knew what to expect.

:P

Not to disagree with you at all, brother Mike. I just feel that John Lennon was far too intelligent to support Ronald Reagan.

I mean, Ronald Reagan was responsible for almost one hundred-thousand air traffic controllers' jobs!

Think about their families before you praise that senile joke. And then to add insult to injury; name an airport about his name? At the end, Reagan didn't even know his own name!!!

Still, though, he was a better president than we have now.

Obama?... It proves that there is no such thing as a president. I thought that at least one criteria of being a president would be to have a name that didn't sound like a terrorist!!!

Obama...lol, I'd rather have Bush, at least we knew what to expect.

:P

Who cares what that [bleep] john lennon supported? :beatnik:

Yeah, I agree.

Support should only be for bras.

Are you ******* kidding me? Every time I think you can't become any more offensive and incoherent, you prove me wrong.

Feel good about it. You've only proved yourself wrong by pretending that subjectiveness is non existant.

Besides, how can I prove you wrong when you've never asked a decent question?

Oh, do you eat out of the same mouth you talk through?

I've always thought it quite sad that the name, "Mark David Chapman" will forever be linked to the greatest musician of all time; John Lennon.

If a piss-poor president/actor gets linked to his name also, then I figure he didn't mean much to those that think so.

... Ronald Reagan was responsible for almost one hundred-thousand air traffic controllers' jobs! ...

For accuracy's sake, it was 11,000 fired of a total nationwide of 16,000 active controllers. I was one. I am initimately tied to the event in '81.

As for Lennon; this revelation of his supporting a conservative government head, at a time of near national crisis under a seemingly weak leader, does not surprise me. Lennon saw what extreme tax burdens did to his native country. He understood the nuances of what it takes to stablize free market incentive. All his life, he displayed a capacity for long term vision and was a rational thinker, moreso than an idealist. He had a way of distilling the complex, socially and politically.

For a long time, I have also entertained my own theory that in his dealings with Bob Dylan, shortly before his murder, Lennon was leaning toward acceptance of Dylan's thoughts on the accuracy of the claims for divinity by Jesus. Satan couldn't handle that sort of revolution and called out to Chapman to do his work. Yeah wild, I know, but nonetheless that entire event of his murder seemed to have an otherworldly flavoring.

Hey, I've got an idea! Rather than converse about subjects, offering opinions, or rather than debating subject matter, or even argue about the content of our thoughts; let's take sides and hurl insults at one another's character or value as human beings. We'll call it "Prelude to War."

John would have been so proud of us.

I can't have a fair conversation with someone who calls the President a terrorist and makes fun of Alzheimer's. That's why I made the comment I did. I'm more than willing to take part in calm, civilized debate, but there was nothing civilized about the post I responded to and I couldn't respond to it calmly, but nor could I just let it stand.

makes fun of Alzheimer's.

Allow me to correct you, TheLizard. I have NEVER, shape, form or fashion EVER made fun of Alzheimer's~ I made fun of Ronald Reagan....little did I realize his name was synonymous with Alzheimer's disease!

Get your story straight before you try and slander me!

Thanks.

I can't have a fair conversation with someone who ... makes fun of Alzheimer's.

I have NEVER, shape, form or fashion EVER made fun of Alzheimer's

However,

At the end, Reagan didn't even know his own name!!!

I know, I know, I'm outta my skull and I'm sure there's something here that I've misinterpreted, as usual. I've heard it all and again and again and again. I would like to call attention, however, to the fact that more folks misinterpreted it than didn't, and there is but one common denominator.

Now, if we can continue to play nice, let's continue to play. If we can't, then please step off the playground. (yes, I know, again, I'm sure there's something here that I'll be reamed about, even if there's nothing here to be reamed about, someone will find something. So ream away, and glory hallelujah.)

With any blank canvas, there is a specific idea that only the artist knows.

I made fun of Ronald Reagan...not Alzheimer's.

If it suits y'all to twist the fabric of reality then by all means; let me not interfere!

And regarding playing nice... I haven't yet figured out how to have a cake and eat it too.

Seems you're far more skilled in that area than I but forgive me if I don't bow or salute you.

What have you ever done worthwhile?