The Oddball Game

_Laurie_

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nickelback for one of 3 reasons: 1) They're the only western Canadian band (the rest are out of Ontario or Quebec)

2) They suck

3) They're really sucky

Could also be Alanis because she's the only actor in this group (not cameo, but films) also she produces now that she stopped making albums (she's my age... kinda had a crush)

So it wasn't the suck-factor then? Interesting... :grin:

You were saying Rembrandts & Wil Smith gave away my oddball, funny because yours only occurred to me when you said it was a song. I knew Metallica, U2 & Three Dog Night all had songs "One". You also said that BG's weren't odd so it confirmed my final answer.

Some thinking time required... nearly bedtime but I'll try post it tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

All the others have recorded a song with the name of a town or city in the title on a studio album.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young only recorded a song with the name of a town or city in the title on a live album.

Buck Owens - "Big In Vegas", from 1969 studio album, Big In Vegas.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - "Chicago", from 1971 live album, 4 Way Street.

The Doors - "The WASP (Texas Radio and The Big Beat)", from 1971 studio album, L.A. Woman.

The Headstones - "Reno", from 1997 studio album, Smile & Wave.

Johnny Cash - "The Lady Came From Baltimore", from 1975 studio album, John R. Cash.

Marty Robbins - "El Paso", from 1959 studio album, Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs.

The Tragically Hip - "New Orleans Is Sinking", from 1989 studio album, Up To Here.

You are so close, Brad... not quite what I was looking for, but because you have the right band and the right songs from the other artists (most of which sang about different towns, cities) I'll give it to ya. The song from C,S,N & Y is usually only credited to Mr. Neil Young himself, but it was performed with that ensemble.

I was thinking of the song "Ohio" which is why CSNY would be the odd ones out. Didn't think it would be that hard, what with Google and all :grin:

Go ahead Brad! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Aha! :sing1:

Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGhee

Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo

Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones

War - Me And Baby Brother

Paul Simon - Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard

Lobo, because there was an animal involved? :badcomp:

You got it, Zabs.

Nice work! :bow:

• 2 weeks later...