Songfactor's Choice Top 10 Special: Movie Soundtrack Songs

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Jump Into The Fire" - Harry Nilsson ("Goodfellas" - 1990)

"Dead Man's Party" - Oingo Boingo ("Back To School" - 1986)

"Surrender" - Cheap Trick - ("Over The Edge" - 1979)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

"Jump Into The Fire" - Harry Nilsson ("Goodfellas" - 1990)

"Dead Man's Party" - Oingo Boingo ("Back To School" - 1986)

"Surrender" - Cheap Trick - ("Over The Edge" - 1979)

I tried to find video's that related to the movie soundtracks but didn't have any luck. Had the same problem with my nominations ;)

Hey guys. I'd like to thank MC Kenne for this great idea of MOTION MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS.

I regret I haven't had time to check each entry but I'll give a great A+ to yellowsnow for understanding what THIS thread means.

I'll look further, now, to see if more people get it. (a movie soundtrack is a song that pretty much clarifies the movie) NOT a song that could be in ANY movie!!! The former statements I said hopefully will make some realize that ANY song they give without film assurance and only the artist's album cover is DEAD wrong! An example:

I can count ten movies that "Born to be Wild" was in. Even though it fit well with EASY RIDER. As bad as that example, many were FAR worse!

(that's not rude or mean. That's honest)

Welcome to the "old" muzik!

:)

"EDIT"

Bluesy, phil and UJOE has firm grasps. More to come; to the religious: (Mordicai) ...lol

My, one hopefully needs not my recognition; Ron Jon Surfer....he's always known what is correct and needs not acclamation because I have NEVER seen him write ANYTHING wrong! He's the one that told me where to find "Birdwell's"

(Beach Britches) or "Surf Suit." He has a talent other than loving music and understanding people that just want to catch a wave and be on top of the world. You know, like James Cagny! :)

EDIT pt II : Jenny gives three fabulous examples! Whoops; Edit ptIII : Jenny gives two fabulous examples. (see how easy it is to make a mistake)?

And last but not least, our host for this awesome thread: MC Kenne gives great examples for all!

I was thinking, MR. Crime; since everyone can choose three, shouldn't the final list be more than "ten?"

Reason I ask is because it was hard enough when people only chose two.

I can only speak for myself but this is not only gonna be hard: it's gonna be a challenge!

Good show!

:D

I think ALL of these nominations are awesome choices....and as for my own nomination "Born To Be Wild"...I felt was pretty much the "signature song" for a very classic movie...I'm pretty sure I read the rules correctly...any song featured in a movie sountrack.

Please, Laurie. Do not be offended by my honesty.

I thought that a soundtrack to a movie was for that movie only. I didn't know it could be for any movie.

If that is the case, the only difference from this thread and a normal Top Ten is the fact we can choose three!

For most people, when they hear Born To Be Wild, they think of Easy Rider, or at the very least think of people on motorcycles due to the effect Easy Rider had on popular culture. Stop being contrary, it's just a game. If you don't agree with the reason a song was nominated, don't vote for it.

Anyways, my nominations:

When Doves Cry - Prince from Purple Rain

Green Onions - Booker T. and the MGs from American Graffiti

Sweet Transvestite - Tim Curry from Rocky Horror Picture Show

"most people think of easyrider when they hear born to be wild?"

That's blasphemy! I think of steppenwolf!

Have you ever ridden on a Harley, coast to coast and back to coast? I mean from Daytona bike week all the way to Sturgis and then the whole way to Cali's upper most section down to Baja and back to the east coast? I have and guess what...it NEVER reminded me of EASYRIDER. That's a movie that a true biker can find only a million flaws.

I'd respect you more if you said you still believe in Santa Claus.

My God, child, read the above, read musical history and try again!

You've a point, TheLizard, that has already been established but I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. You're not the only one.

Just count me out of this top ten. To me it's a joke. To others, it's just oblivious. Though, the ones I said that got it, have it.

I'll vote for yellowsnow, Ujoe and Mr. Surfer.

I think that's as many votes that are allowed?

One more for ten To LIVE and DIE in L.A.

For most people, when they hear Born To Be Wild, they think of Easy Rider, or at the very least think of people on motorcycles due to the effect Easy Rider had on popular culture. Stop being contrary, it's just a game. If you don't agree with the reason a song was nominated, don't vote for it.

Exactly. And in my case, when I hear Born To Be Wild I think of Easy Rider. I see the bikes and Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper...