The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten Special ~ Heavy Metal/Hard Rock

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say, for me, this is a fantastic list, it's right up my alley, full of my favorite songs ..... but I will also say, then end result is a lot less Heavy Metal than it is Hard Rock. Maybe we should have seperated the categories, and in the future we may have to do a strictly Metal special, to give that genre it's due. :rockon:

To speak to the comments made that some songs may or may not have fit the category .... for me music, as in beauty, is in the eye (or this case ear) of the beholder. I would hesitate to try to tell anyone that their particular nomination doesn't fit into our categories ..... if an individual feels a song fits, then that's fine with me. I always assume that the votes (or lack of them) will make the decision based on the players opinions. And I think that the results this week have proven that. Also, while opinions are always welcome, snarky comments directed at any individual are, well, not so welcome. To make that a bit clearer and more succinct ..... play nice, or don't play. ;)

I want to take a moment to thank each and every SF member that has been here week in, week out, to support the Ten, and partake in this music sharing venture. Darryl (Old 55) had an idea for a little game to be played weekly, and he began, with Farin's help not knowing how it would be received by the SF community .... well 5 years later, I think we can call The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten a success! As previously announced, the weekly tens (as we have known them) are going on what is at least a hiatus. Not to worry though .... for those diehard members that love playing this game, and show up consistently week after week with amazing music selections for us all to share, the Tens will go on, at least in the form of special subjects and themes. (Yay!!) :)

I'd like to welcome MC_Kenne, who will be taking over for at least the better part of the summer .... he's got some great ideas, that I think everyone is going to enjoy. I know I will! So again, I welcome Kenne to the Top Ten, and I don't know about you, but I'm heading over to the first exciting new special he's devised for us, Songs From Movie Soundtracks. Good one Kenne! :thumbsup: