The Songfactors Choice Top Ten #261

WELCOME TO THE...

sfc1a-1.png

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ...

Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists).

... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

Nominate Now! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

Playlist

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Special Top Ten Announcement *

So guys, those of us on the team have been talking, and we've come to a conclusion, one that's been glaring at all of us for a while. We regret to announce that this week will be the last regular weekly Top Ten, at least for the time being. You all know that participation has dropped steadily over the past year or more. What used to be a field of 50 or more nominations has dwindled to an average of 33. We are voting 1/3 of the nominations into the Ten. :P

In addition, we all have real life obligations that are tugging at us. We've come to the point that none of us have the time necessary for the commitment the Top Ten requires. I know, we are sad too. The Ten has become a longstanding tradition here at Songfacts, and we hate to see it end as much as I'm sure you all do. So, to that end we've decided we'll keep things going on at least a limited basis, doing a special, or even a regular ten once or twice a month.

Next week we're planning to do a special, a real special. I'm not sure what yet, but we'll let you know in a day or two. After next week, we'll play it by ear. Maybe this will just end up being a hiatus, who knows?

Good Lord, I've been doing this for 5 years. This is going to seem so strange. :P

Yes. Thanks for the fun Lucky. :bow: :bow: :bow:

You've stuck with it through thick and thin for all these years. But like you say, it may come back. I just think most of us have so much going on in our life's we can't give it the commitment and time it really requires. Who knows what might happen further down the road ;)

^ :thumbsup: Let's all give a big thanks to Lucky for everything she's done to keep this little game going. :bow: :bow: :bow:

And since this will probably be the last regular ten for a while, I'll be sure to nominate some tunes that have special meaning for me:

Big thanks from me to all who've been involved in this fun game! Here's a couple of songs that have a special meaning for me too:

Northern Sky - Nick Drake 1970

Guess Who I Saw In Paris - Buffy Sainte Marie 1970

Thank you, people. Darryl, Lucky, Tim, Lea and all who have been ruling the Tops. Sorry, I'm forgetting about other songfactors who did lend a hand but I'm tired too... :shades:

I really hope we will still have some Top Tens every now and then... it would seem strange to me too...

So :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!