Amelie

cosmosis

Have you seen it? The story follows this girl who never went to school with other kids because of some bad missunderstanding by her parents. As soon as she is old enough, leaves the house and gets a job. Then something happens that changes the direction of her life and becomes what could be described as a female Zorro (without the mask).

It's a very bizare movie that at the end of the day, it boils down to a love story. Photography is very creative and the music is just right. I can't give a full review cuz it's an italian movie translated to spanish and that takes away a lot of the original intentions of the creators. I can't stand cheap translations. Anyways, I give 4 out of 5 stars. Go and check it out if you wanna take a break from the ussual Hollywood everyday crap. ::

Weird. Why were you watching a French movie dubbed in Spanish? I've seen bits of that film subtitled in English. It's always better to watch subtitled over dubbed because that preserves one of the main components of the acting, which is the tones of voice they use in the original language and the context. I found that out the hard way when I heard how Laura Antonelli really sounds like in Italian... (damn, she even sounds bellissima!). I blew 40 bucks on a bootleg tape for that pleasure, so it better be ::

I'll put Amelie in my NetFlix queue although I'm not particularly fond of Jeunet's work. City Of Lost Children and Delicatessen weren't my cup o' tea (Alien: Resurrection was ok...).

yea it came like that. I thought it had subtitles but it was totally translated and it's got the accent from Spain, which makes it sound cartoony.

Another one to watch is 'Run Lola Run'. This one is a bit cheap but really different and a bit supernatural. I think is german.

oh and the girl is a cutie

To see sweet little Audrey Tautou in a different role, rent He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not (French/subtitled).

There are some surprises here, so don't read the synopsis on the package (it gives too much away) before watching.

I really like Audrey Tautou. I loved Amelie, wonderful movie. She was also in Dirty Pretty Things which is an excellent movie, although a completely different type of film from Amelie. :thumbsup: I'll have to check out He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not.

• 1 month later...