Concerts You've Attended

Elvish

P.S. I'm also a Jimmy Buffet fan - there a few of them around here?!

my brother-in-law is the biggest parrot head I've ever come in contact with. He's a die-hard, he's seen Jimmy all over the country. And because of that, I have become familiar with Jimmy's stuff by osmosis, and he's alright. However, I do have to qualify this by saying that Roger is usurping Jimmy in my brother-in-law's list of favorites... a feat heretofore thought impossible.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, back to more concerts.....

Kiss (multiple times--w/Ted Nugent/Aerosmith)--WOW..what a show! Love the explosions and fire--I took my nephew to his first concert which was KISS w/Nug...Nug was a pig--not an appropriate show for all of the parents who brought their kids..KISS was VERY family friendly.

Aerosmith (multiple times--Good rock show!!

Bad Company-Paul Rogers' voice is KILLER!! Great Jam show!

The Sam & Dave show--Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth--Total Guy show...Sammy had the babes in bikini's on stage doing shots, Dave was his usual piggish self--swinging his mike like it was his "tool"....Sammy's voice was good-his part was good...Dave forgot the words to songs, sounded horrible..(BUT..since it was a show that attracted mostly men, THERE WAS NO LINE FOR THE LADIES ROOM!!!!

:thumbsup:

Van Halen (w/Sammy)--AWESOME SHOW!! They sounded great (except for Eddie's 20 minute crappy guitar solo)--Sammy was phenomoninal!!! Everything that was thrown onstage, Sammy wore, signed and gave back the item to the thrower--all without missing a note or beat. I liked him much better w/VH.

Would DEFINATELY see again!

Barry Manilow (multiple times)-say what you will...the EPITOME of entertainers. His voice is incredible, he's very personable, able to make fun of himself, brings a tear to your eye...the notes he can hit without effort.

Ringo Starr and the All-Star band--Ringo...the most underrated Beatle. He is sooooooooo much fun!! I saw w/ Paul Carrack (of Ace, Squeeze, Mike & the Mechanics, and great solo career), Colin Hay (of Men at Work fame), John Waite (the Baby's, solo, Bad English)and Sheila E on vocals and drums. WOW!! Glad they taped a show and had cd's for sale--it was good. Again, Ringo is a blast, fun, funny--would see any day of the week (& twice on Sunday :D )

Boston--Had to go...loved their music for soooooooo long...awesome show...they still sound great!!

Paul Simon (multiple times)-Wouldn't waste my $$ again. He changes the arrangements of his songs so much, you can hardly recognize them, not personable...just out making money.

Art Garfunkle--saw with the symphony as back up--WOW!! I figured since we've shelled out so much money to see Paul Simon...time to give some to Art. His voice was awesome, he was very funny--telling stories, was gracious in talking about Paul...definately see him again.

Bob Dylan (multiple times)--not a huge fan but you have to see Dylan in your life...he's an icon.

Sheena Easton--don't laugh, our work took us a few years ago...her voice is still very good, fun show.

Donnie & Marie Osmond--(in the 70's--I was a kid, give me a break!!) My grandma, her sister and brother in law took my brothers and I when we were kids (under 10)..had to get the big posters..we thought we were so cool :)

CSNY--(multiple times)--tough call...i don't think I'd see again. Their voices are failing and can't hit the notes very well anymore. They were good enough I guess, but each show was progressivly worse over the years. Neil Young ROCKS though. can he jam!!

Rod Stewart (multiple times)--again, voice failing..could have been from the throat problems of recent years..however, so much back up singing, it was hard to tell his voice. Good performer...lots of energy.

Elton John (multiple times)--I think i'm done with Sir Elton....he just doesn't do it for me anymore.. A master at the piano..but just something missing.

Billy Joel (multiple times)-A must see! Lots of energy, voice good, funny stories, great on piano..looking forward to him on the road again.

Billy Joel and Elton John (together-2x)--NOW THIS IS A SHOW! Great to see them play together, sing each other's songs..the Piano Man and Rocket Man--need i say more?

Neil Diamond (multiple times)-I don't know what i enjoy more--seeing Neil Diamond perform or watching the little old ladies in the crowd going crazy singing and dancing!! He is a tremendous entertainer...voice still good and if you like that kind of thing...sexy in his own right! ;)

The Moody Blues--GREAT SHOW!!! Played all of the greats fabulously!

Steely Dan--Top notch show...sounded incredible!! Had a blast!!

The Rolling Stones--(multiple times)-you have to see them at least once in your life. such great music. Voices are getting worse as time goes by...so go see them quick!!

And that's all for now...gotta go be productive on this lazy Sunday.

Let me know if you've seen any of these and what you thought. I'll be back with more another time....:)

went to see the prodigy with my younger brother on saturday night and it was amazing!!! they kicked *ss and kept the whiole crowd dancing from start to finish. my neck and back are killing me from so much dancing! it was a really good crowd too, loads of wahs (chavs) but no trouble that i saw and plenty of room for dancing even though we were only about four feet back from the stage. i'd say they won't be around again since liam is getting on in years so i'm really glad i got to see them!!

• 4 months later...

I just got home from Wichita where I saw Nickel Creek....and I must say...it was the best night of my life.... NICKEL CREEK RULES (Almost as much as The Beatles)!!! Also got to see The Ditty Bops for the first time(opening for Nickel Creek)...they were great as well.

Edited by Guest

I'M GOING TO ELECTRIC PICNIC!!

it's this "boutique" music festival that's on for three days in september. so far confirmed are:

yeah yeah yeahs

devendra benhardt

groove armada

bloc party

the frames

super furry animals

antony and the johnsons

elbow

new order

belle and sebastian

saul williams

basement jaxx

gang of four

rufus wainwright

gary numan

pet shop boys

the rags

dj shadow

the blue nile

massive attack

damien rice

rachid taha

graham coxon

and more to be announced!

i don't know who half those people are but i'm SO EXCITED!!!

:laughing:

i'll be interested to see rufus actually because my only experience of him has been an irish tv show which showcases musicians playing in a church in dingle and i didn't like him at all!! he played a song he had just written for jeff buckley and it wasn't very good at all. but i'll reserve my final judgement until i see him live.

Soulgirl: Make sure you're in the right place at the right time for the Gang Of Four, as they are quite simply "the best band in the world, ever"

Otherwise, I'd be keen to catch Yeah Yeah Yeahs, (planned to go see them in Manchester, gig sold out unreasonably quickly :( ) but I don't suppose you need telling how good they are....

Massive Attack, Graham Coxon, Devendra Bernhardt...sounds a decent line-up.

thanks for the tips boys. das, i will do my best to get hold of at least one of those albums. b-f, i am definitely going to yeah yeah yeahs - they kick *ss! gonna stay away from the front though since i don't feel like being spit on! :P i will def check out gang of four too on your recommendation!

• 4 weeks later...

Bryan Adams - it was my first concert, I was 7 years old, and I fell asleep haha

Grass Roots with Blood Sweat & Tears - 1993, I was 13 and went with my dad, not knowing who either band were. i liked it.

Lalopalooza '94 - i loved this one. the breeders, L7, smashing pumpkins, beastie boys.nirvana was supposed to be here but, you know...

Weird Al - 1997 at the Puyallup Fair. It was pretty cool.

Ozzfest 2003 - kicked ass, I drank too much though

Ozzfest 2004 - kicked ass, but got annoyed at people always bein in my way haha

Ozzfest 2005 - my favorite ozzfest so far

The Beach Boys Two different times

The Eagles

The Moody Blues

The Tokens A great show

Steppenwolf

Ray Stevens A real hoot

Blood Sweat and Tears

John Denver

Chicago

Paul Revere and the Raiders

heard Cyndi Lauper sing Take me out to the ball game at Wrigley Field

rtstuff

• 2 weeks later...

insane clown posse-4

twizted-1

slipknot-1

sadly when i was in fourth grade and fifth grade i saw two backstreet boys concerts.:blush:

simple plan-1

Good charlotte-2

In july i will see the hot vanilla ice ( his music is alot better now don't judge him by his old image)

and ozzfest 2oo5 (fuc*ing awesome!!)

Edited by Guest

I haven't seen as many big name concerts as I would like. I have seen a LOT of celtic bands, but I don't know if anyone here knows enough celtic music to know what I'm talking about if I list them. I play celtic fiddle myself, so I love going to see great celtic music live.

I saw Weird Al Yankovic live at the Puyallup Fair. Goofy, yes, but extremely fun.

I saw Toby Keith at the Tacoma Dome in January of this year. That was a very good concert with lots of pyrotechnics.

The best concert I've ever seen was Aerosmith, in February of this year, also at the T-Dome. Aerosmith is one of my favorite bands, and I was so excited to see these living legends, but I was also a bit apprehensive because I know Steven Tyler has his off days. I got lucky, because Steven didn't miss a note (even in Dream On! Wow!) and the entire band put on a performance that I'll never forget. Lenny Kravitz opened up for them. He did very good.