Concerts You've Attended

Elvish

1. I really don't want to know what you mean by that.

2. Pot, meet kettle. you're black.

3. No, you don't.

4. Not like in a corpse kind of way.

5. It was probably the same people that were at the one I went to (in 1987, when the bands were actually cool), but the mullets had been transformed from rat-tails.

Sammy probably realizes that the crime was punishment enough.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized Sammy never made fun of me for seeing Phil Collins. Bring it on. :grin:

Sammy probably realizes that the crime was punishment enough.

No!! Sammy just read this post for the first time! Of for shame, Peaches! And I thought you actually respected me. I thought I wasn't just a f**ktoy to you. And now this!! How can things ever be the same between us? Next you'll be telling me you dated the lead singer of Haircut 100! Aye, marone!!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :doh:

Hey, I saw Phil Collins too, Peaches... :grin: But i must say that I was very young, it was thirty and some years ago and Collins played drums for Genesis, which was the concert I saw. Early seventies, friends, boyfriend, dope, high school... fortunatelly I don´t remember much of that Genesis concert but I do recall it was a bore. Peter Gabriel is very boring too... :P

Okay, here are my concerts... *spoiler alert* there are definitely some dorky ones in here! I was a MAJOR teenybopper.

I'll try to list them in chronological order, but hitting 40 sort of messed with my memory quite a lot. I hit it hard.

Foghat/Foreigner

KISS

California Jam II (included Heart, Mahogany Rush, Ted Nugent, Dave Mason, Aerosmith, Bob Welch, Santana, Stevie Nicks)

Andy Gibb (yes, you read that right)

Alice Cooper/Judas Priest

Linda Ronstadt

Cheap Trick (twice - once with Nick Gilder opening)

Jackson Browne

Fleetwood Mac

Stevie Nicks (twice)

Dr. Hook

Don MacLean

Hooters

Greg Allman/Little Feat

Beach Boys

Simon and Garfunkel

Dixie Chicks

Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

and I'm sure there were more...but I can't remember them at the moment...

Of these, I barely remember any of the California Jam acts, and at the first Stevie concert I paid beaucoup bucks to get 4th row on the floor only to have a guy who was well over 6' tall sit directly in front of me - and stand throughout the entire show. I could hardly see anything.

In my memory, the Jackson Browne concert stands out as the best - he gave such an awesomely dynamic performance that night...

• 1 month later...

I have not attended many concerts but, here's a list of the ones I have:-

The Eagles- and it is my favourite concert to date. Was responsible for my Don Henley and Farewell 1 dvd obsession too :) Joe Walsh is a fantastic guitarist and entertainer.

The Offspring - I really quite enjoyed this, especially when they beat up mannequins representing the Backstreet Boys. Good ole Noodles :)

Matchbox 20 - I really enjoyed this concert, Rob Thomas has a very 'smooth' voice. LOL

Live - I can't remember much from this concert but, enjoyed 'I alone' and 'lightening crashes'.

AC/DC stiff upper lip tour - Not as good as with lead singer Bon, I would imagine but, still a good concert none the less

Crusty Demons of Dirt - saw this twice even though it's not classed as a concert persay, it still had great music (Papa Roach, Dragula etc). My three passions:- music, hot men and motorbikes were incorporated for this spectacular and I was in heaven, especially when Brian Deegan emerged :)

Alice Cooper - I love, love, loved this concert!! I think it's great how his daughter was a part of the concert (family oriented ;) ) and he sounds great live too. It was in a pretty small concert hall so we were very close to the action. Alas, I had no 'blood' spatter on me ;)

and I've only seen a Beatles coverband x 2 and an Eagles coverband twice.

And that is that.....so far

Edited by Guest

Our town hosts an outdoor concert series every sunday night in the summers called Graville Green. I can't remember past 2002, but I'll list some notables

Wave (not good but more known)

Mir

daniel j, please come back and answer this question??! who are this band called Mir? my band was called MiR!!! is this mir any good? cool!

Gosh, where to start.....I've been fortunate enough to see HUNDREDS of shows. I'll name some and am sure I'll be back again to post more. :) Let me know if you've seen any of these....

(recently...)

WILLIE NELSON (multiple times)--what an icon! I just love him!! He is acutally my first "musical memory". Our beautiful town hosts (I believe) The World's Largest Music festival and I remember being dragged to see him by my parents as a small child. :)

DOLLY PARTON- She couldn't be any cuter!! Her voice is so pure and beautiful after all these years.

TOM PETTY (multiple times)--WOW!!! One of the best shows I've ever seen. It's a jam from start to finish!

JOHN MELLENCAMP (multiple times)--Give us an Encore already, John!!! We go every time he's here and are always disappointed--but, my sister-in-law is in love with him, so we go. :)

JOHN FOGERTY--First time seeing on tour w/Mellencamp--GREAT SHOW!! Voice was awesome!

Credence Clearwater Revisited-(same summer as Fogerty-2005)--Gotta love the tunes!! They sounded good--fun show.

Sugar Ray--High Energy. Mark McGrath is one fiiiinnneee dude!! :blush:

The Eagles (multiple times)--AWESOME SHOW!! They sound great together. The Hell Freezes Over tour was by far the best...outdoor venue on a beautiful summer night. Joe Walsh is a nut! A must see.

JOE WALSH-SOLO-(multiple times) FUN FUN FUN!!! He is insane and the shows are a blast!!

ahhhhhhhh, the fun times!!! Time for bed now, but I'll be back with KISS, Ringo Starr & The All-Star Band, Barry Manilow, Aerosmith, Bryan Adams, Neil Diamond, Cher and CSNY to name a few...

Let me know if you've seen any of these.

Impressive littlel30!! Have you watched Joe on Farewell 1 dvd?! I love him in ''All she wants to do is dance". He's dancing around like a nut and mouthing the words right in front of the camera. He also mimicks Henley by saying "Whose guitar is this?" someone else says "it's yours" and he goes "oh, it is?"

But by far the funniest bit is during the credits:- Joe is talking with Glenn and he says "Me and Irving (manager) lived this car for a while and, *laughs* and then Danny Fogelberg moved in and it got pretty crowded" and Glenn's just p*ssing himself going "You lived in a car?"

I still really love HFO though!!