Concerts You've Attended

Elvish

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the concerts ive been to (in order) are:

make poverty history (jet, eskimo joe, john butler trio, bono and pearl jam, evermore)

the v festival (gnarls barkley, the rapture)

big day out (my chem romance, the killers, the vines, muse, the sleepy jackson)

the killers (starky, the killers)

my chemical romance (the getaway plan, circa survive, my chemical romance)

(btw the bands in brackets are the bands that i saw at the festivals, bcuz there was lots more at some of them)

oh and im going to foo fighters in march :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Man Group was incredible. I recommend this to anyone who gets the chance to see them, regardless of what your taste in music is. Their show, at least on this tour, is basically a parody of a rock concert, but still a kick-ass rock concert. The show is driven by a manual called "How To Be A Megastar 2.0" (created by a character played by SNL's Fred Armisen) that gives advice on how to be a rock star, including "rock movements" like "the basic head bob" and the "arm thrust and scream" and advice like "always remember to pay tribute to the megastars that came before you during your concert so your fans don't realize what a pretentious ass you really are". Even with all the humor and strange performance art involved, there's no denying the great musicianship of the Blue Men and their backing band. All their songs, original and covers, were mind-blowing, especially their cover of Baba O'Riley, played mainly on tubing and a grand piano that had been turned on its side and struck with a giant mallet. Seriously, see this show if you can.

Just picked up tickets for their Jan.17th show in Tokyo . Glad to hear it's worth the time and money ! Thanks for the review ! :thumbsup: I apologize in advance for having to whip your butt in football this week , though ... ;) :laughing: :angel:

For some reason I woke up thinking about an Elvis Costello song today and it reminded me of seeing him when I was a student at Rutgers. The warm up band was Willie Alexander and the Boom Boom Band from Boston.

Here is the info from Elvis' website:

1978-02-22 with the Attractions Schnecksville, PA, Lehigh County Community College (Gymnasium) concert

1978-02-23 with the Attractions New Brunswick, NJ, Rutgers University (The Ledge) concert

1978-02-24 with the Attractions Philadelphia, PA, Tower Theatre concert

The show was great.

• 1 month later...

Ive seen too many to list them all -

Led Zeppelin - 02 arena

The stones - 78,81,89, 94, 98,

The Who - 79, 82, 00 ('82 was with the Clash)

Pearl Jam

Radiohead

Pink Floyd

Page/Plant

Ac/Dc (all in the '70s with Bon Scott)

Bowie

Guns N Roses

U2

Neil Young

Sonic Youth

Smashing Pumpkins

Ramones ('81)

Foo Fighters

Queen

Springsteen

Allman Brothers

Grateful Dead

Van Halen

Black Sabbath (Van Halen opened in '78)

Cheap Trick

Aerosmith

Alice Cooper

Bad Company

The Police

Bob Dylan

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a noob here so i thought this would be a good post to start out with! My very first concert was Tesla and Def Leppard in 1988. I've been to somewhere around 120 concerts,i havent counted lately but i know its well over 100. The last one i went to was Red Jumpsuit Aparatus. The next one i'm going to is From First To Last. Some of the other recent bands i've seen were The Academy Is,Lillian Axe,Fall Out Boy,Nickelback,Poison,The Killers,Switchfoot,Relient K,Tool,30 Seconds To Mars,and HIM.

that's amazing rockckick! :bow:

There's also another place where new members can introduce themselves. If you go to the "Random thoughts" you'll see the thread that say where to introduce yourself! I'm sure once you get to know a few people here at our Songfacts family you'll find it hard to leave!

Welcome! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I really wanted to go to Paul McCartney's Back in the US tour, but in Wisconsin the tickets got sold out before they even went on sale! Not cool. :thumbsdown:

I saw Paul McCartney live on a small TV set when I was working on TV, he was recording a TV show... I guess there was some...50 people there... would you believe I don´t remember what he played? :P It was only a couple of songs though...

• 3 weeks later...

In no order at all..

Boston, Toto, Winger, America, Doobie Bros., Steely Dan, Quiet Riot, REO Speedwagon, 3 Doors Down, C&K, Lifehouse, Stevie Wonder, Counting Crows, Black Crowes, The Police, Indigo Girls, Santana, Jose Faliciano, Pepper, Hall & Oates, KISS, Aerosmith, Night Ranger, INXS, Flock of Seagulls, Robert Palmer, and a few more that have been lost along with brain cells while attending the others.

• 4 weeks later...

I´ll be missing Neil Young, Jack Johnson, Amy Winehouse, Suzanne Vega, Bob Dylan, Lenny Kravitz and Franz Ferdinand in the first week of July just because I´d rather watch the shows on my big TV screen at home... :cool: They´re performing in Madrid (Rock In Rio) and some friends are trying to convince me to go... I still might be going though...

I wouldn´t go to Woodstock or Monterrey right now... or maybe I would... :shades:

I think it's awesome to feel all those people connected to the artist, I feel very powerful vibes at such times :)

If you get my point :P

Of course, Viaene... I know what you mean. There´s magic in a live concert, I can´t deny that... and it works like a drug, it really gets you high... :cool: in fact, I must have been at some 2.000 concerts -probably more...- in my life and there was few times I felt uncomfortable. That magic always works, at least at some moment of the concert...

Of course, Viaene... I know what you mean. There´s magic in a live concert, I can´t deny that... and it works like a drug, it really gets you high... :cool: in fact, I must have been at some 2.000 concerts -probably more...- in my life and there was few times I felt uncomfortable. That magic always works, at least at some moment of the concert...

:bow: 2000, that's insane :D