Concerts You've Attended

Elvish

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another edition of Roger to ensure my place in the Songfacts Yearbook. :grin:

The concert on Saturday night was... soooo fun. It was the first Roger concert I've been to where I was... betrunken... and it seemed to go so much quicker than the rest! I could not believe it when they left the stage - and then I looked at my watch and it had been over 2 hours. *whew*

He rocked, as usual... Roger doesn't know how to put on a bad show. Period.

Word to the wise: don't wear boots with 3" heels if you're going to be on your feet for more than 3 consecutive hours. My toes are still numb.

( s'cuse me ) The Rocket Man rocked ! Just the man and his piano - no band ( though I suspect the piano was wired a bit to give whatever effects were necessary ) . Best part was hearing some unconventional versions of favoriites as well as extented endings that really made it worth the while and expense .

The way this was set up really gave one an appreciation for what an awesome piano player Elton is .

( s'cuse me ) The Rocket Man rocked ! Just the man and his piano - no band ( though I suspect the piano was wired a bit to give whatever effects were necessary ) . Best part was hearing some unconventional versions of favoriites as well as extented endings that really made it worth the while and expense .

The way this was set up really gave one an appreciation for what an awesome piano player Elton is .

I saw Elton in Sydney a year to the day you saw him Kevin. Also, my parents are going to see him tomorrow night Tempest II winery in the Hunter Valley. I'll tell them you gave his one man show the thumbs up.

Blue Man Group was incredible. I recommend this to anyone who gets the chance to see them, regardless of what your taste in music is. Their show, at least on this tour, is basically a parody of a rock concert, but still a kick-ass rock concert. The show is driven by a manual called "How To Be A Megastar 2.0" (created by a character played by SNL's Fred Armisen) that gives advice on how to be a rock star, including "rock movements" like "the basic head bob" and the "arm thrust and scream" and advice like "always remember to pay tribute to the megastars that came before you during your concert so your fans don't realize what a pretentious ass you really are". Even with all the humor and strange performance art involved, there's no denying the great musicianship of the Blue Men and their backing band. All their songs, original and covers, were mind-blowing, especially their cover of Baba O'Riley, played mainly on tubing and a grand piano that had been turned on its side and struck with a giant mallet. Seriously, see this show if you can.